Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Morning....

Here it is the morning of Christmas Eve and I'm doing good. My wrist is ok and I'm able to use it a bit so I'm coming here to thank all of you for your well wishes. And I'd also like to take a moment to thank you for continuing to visit my blog, to brighten my day with your comments, and for all the beautiful Christmas cards I've received. I know I haven't thanked you individually but I hope you'll forgive me. I have all my cards sitting out where I can see them....first on the mantle but that was soon too small so now they are on a table and that's almost too small for all of them!

This past year has not been one of my best as far as accomplishing things and I plan to do much better in 2009. I want to branch out and do more art using new techniques....to challenge myself more this year. I tend to stay in my "safe" zone when it comes to art....I do what's familiar and sometimes that gets boring!

Now back to Christmas!! This one isn't turning out as I planned. My son made it here from Alaska but my daughter who lives right here in California isn't going to make it! She lives in the mountains and they've had snow recently....enough that her truck is buried in a snow drift! Plus the roads are snowy and slick and I don't like her to drive those twisty, winding roads when it's snowy. We are expecting more snow in those mountains today so she will be spending Christmas alone! The best laid plans.....

I haven't had many pictures to show you lately since my son doesn't want his picture on the blog but I can show you our trees....



This is the big tree in the living room. I always do it in red and gold. In person it looks very elegant, and the tree itself almost has a frosted look so I think it looks magical. I love this tree!



This smaller tree is in our family room. This tree has ornaments going all the way back to my first Christmas when I was just 3 months old! This is where I hang all the ornaments that have special meaning to me. I wish my camera took better close-up pictures so I could show you some of them....maybe next year!

Ok, that's about all for now. I'm going to be baking cookies this morning and wrapping a couple of last minute gifts. I hope each one of you has the most wonderful holiday, however you celebrate it. You have all made a huge impact on my life and I'll always be thankful for that. If I could I'd reach through the monitor and give you all a big hug!

Merry Christmas....Happy Holidays....and I hope Santa is good to you!

16 comments:

  1. Dear Janet! Merry Christmas! I amso glad to hear that your wrist is better. Your trees are delightful!It is still snowing here!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holidays to you. Love your trees. Love Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas. Gorgeous trees! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugging you right back, Janet! Merriest of Christmases!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your wrist is better - and so sorry your daughter won't be able to make it down the mountain. Keeping my fingers crossed for my kids too X :) Though they have less snow to deal with at least, but as its been melting and refreezing, there's ice - I'm glad my SIL has 4wd, and hopefully that will see them through...
    Glad you have your son there with you though. Wishing you all a safe, warm and very merry Christmas, Janet!
    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big hugs to you Janet and I hope you day is wonderful.
    Maybe you son would let you take a rear view photo of him to put on your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mery Christmas to you and yours Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janet. We too missed part of our family when Quanah and his wife could not get out of Oregon due to the crazy snow and ice that wrecked havoc on the Portland area and up to Seattle.

    Funny how some Christmas's turn out. You think you are going to have a houseful and then it is pared down to almost nothing. But still, the day was bright and happy. I'm sure you daughter connected with friends so isn't entirely alone.

    Merry Christmas, Janet.
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you wrist is healing.
    Thank you for coming by, I added more pictures...it was a wonderful evening. Ice ans snow everywhere and more coming.
    Today we are relaxing, our HO! HO! is tired.
    Merry Christmas Dear Janet,
    another year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the hung!

    Your trees are beautiful!

    Hope your Christmas day was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. merry christmas to you too Janet!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. O! my gosh Janet here I am dropping in with a big smile on my face to thank you for the beautiful card only to find so much has happened in your life with your hand and the weather and busy with your son............I am so sorry not to have been visitng you and now much catch up on all your doings and hope that your wrist is now much better.....love to you and thank you truly for the lovely card I was thrilled to get it.

    best wishes always Lee-ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Janet,

    So sorry your daughter couldn't make it. We broke a record for the most snow in December since 1916 - 25 inches and counting with 3-6 inches expected today.

    Thanks for showing your trees. I would love to have a house big enough to have two trees - one decorated the way I want it, with white lights and white and gold ornaments, and the tree we do have with bubble lights and a collection of ornaments going back 26 years.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 364 more days till Christmas. Your tree looks so wonderful. I hope you & yours had a wonder filled day. I sure did.

    Glad to hear your wrist is healing fast.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your trees are gorgeous and I'm glad you're doing better. Everything, perfect! Sorry about your daughter, though. It was rough this year.

    Merriest of merries and happiest of happies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!