Monday, December 08, 2008

The Christmas Rush....

Can it possibly be December 8th already? I'm scurrying around trying to finish my Christmas cards and get them mailed but I do have most of my shopping done. I shopped online this year. I think I've only bought one item in the store. It's so easy to just let my fingers do the clicking!!

My son is enjoying the nice weather we've had recently. He still can't get over the fact that there's almost always sunshine when he wakes up. I put him to work yesterday! I told him he was on a busman's holiday because I needed him to help me go pick up our load of firewood for the season. He loved it! He said he misses messing around with wood....and he and the guy who sold it to me hit it off right away. They were talking wood and chain saws and Alaska. The guy had actually been to the little town where my son lives!

So now if the weather gets chilly enough we have a nice supply of firewood for the fireplace. I love a fire. If I could afford the wood I'd have a fire going all day long in the winter. There's something so comforting about a roaring fire in the fireplace or even in a wood stove.

I did another larger (9" x 12") zentangle-ish drawing a couple of days ago. This one doesn't do much for me but I was trying a style that I saw on flickr so it was mostly an experiment. Here is my "Urban Angel"....



I hope you all aren't giving up on me ever visiting your blogs! I can't seem to find any free time lately. I get out of bed in the morning and before I know it it's time for bed again and I've been on the go all day! Hopefully when I get my cards finished I'll have some time then. HB is working seven days a week for a little while so I'm trying to do as much as possible so he doesn't have too many things to worry about. The project he's on is a solar installation....a new experimental process....and it's partly backed by Google. They're on a big push to get it to the point of seeing if it will actually do what they think it will so they're working looooong hours. I barely get to see him!

Enjoy your day....I'll get by to visit soon!

24 comments:

  1. I think we are all feeling the rush of "it's Christmas ALREADY". I really liked the last drawing a lot, it made me think of victorian crazy quilt....
    Sure wish we lived closer, I would bring you a truck load of fire wood

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've sent the few cards we send and the letters and decorated as much as I do, then I have my shopping done except for a one year old. So, I'm ready. I do have to get an artist get together going this week yet. But, I'll do that in a short while. Hope you are having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet you sound so happy and I guess it is having your son with you that is the reason.
    I am just finishing off my cards as well---a bit late this year but what the heck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha Janet,
    I think we're all at the point where we just want to click a few gift cards and call it a day..
    I love your draws, they are very eye candy-ish..lol..
    I'll be done shopping by the 2 nd january.
    PEace, Kai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet. I plan on starting my cards tonight too. enjoy your sons visit. we'll still be here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a burning fire -- it's such a treat and so cozy.

    Nice drawing and so glad you and your son are enjoying so much time together.

    When you do get back to visiting blogs, I'm having a drawing (collecting comments all month) in honor of my blogaversary, so stop by and enter when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear he is enjoying his visit. You too. I can't believe it is so close to Christmas. What kind of paper are you using for the larger Zentangles? Love Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I won't give up on you if you don't give up on me! Lordy. I finally posted on Thanksgiving! Geesh. We've had rain all day today, enjoy your nice weather. Love your latest piece. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this serves to remind me of how behind I am on everything.
    It'll get done. It always does.
    Tell HB to settle down on those seven day work weeks. Enough already.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. i was feeling quite calm about yule and was on top of things until i looked at my diary and saw the little bits that will eat into my time and oh will i have the money to buy everything?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i looooooove your urban angel...beautiful! beautiful "experiment" :) lots of miracles to you for the holidays. Time just seems to be flying by...just starting my cards now -- maybe they will be New Years cards instead of solstice/christmas cards :)
    k-

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definetly feel the rush of Christmas but at the same time I am trying to not stress about it. I figure I will get done what I can and what I can't,,then oh well. LOL. But anyhoo,,I do Love that Zentangle. I have tried doing some,,but I am just not that good at it. Visit when you can but don't stress about it,,I know where you are and I will visit you.
    xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey my friend, you and I need to do a Zentangle trade, or do you only sell yours? This one you posted is really gorgeous. You really have a nack for these. And I remember when you thought you were "doodling".......NOT!!

    Oh, I've started posting Amandas Nepal/Himilaya trip pictures. Will be a project over time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Janet there never seems to be enough time! I always tend to get stressed out just about this time of year with so much to do and so little time to do it..visiting friends on cyberspace seems to be something I can't get to regularly..guess we are all forgiving of one another and truly understand!
    Now I must get my cards done..and the baking..shopping Yikes..that too!
    Never enough time!NG

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your urban angel drawing is amazing! I do understand about not getting to everyone's else blogs. Finding the time is often difficult for me too. Enjoy your Christmas prep - I am way behind with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Giiiirrrrl! I've barely even started my Christmas shopping, and I'm usually DONE by the time December rolls around. I guess I've spent all my "discretionary" time making art this past year, but that beats the heck out of shopping, if you ask me. So glad your son is having such fun and I adore the new style of this ange.

    Ho, ho, ho,
    Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't believe how fast the month is going by!
    Glad you're enjoying such a good time with your son - we'll all still be around here later on. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You aren't kidding about being on the go...Hope you are enjoying the season!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just stopping by to say Hi!
    Glad you're having a fun time with your son.
    I am really enjoying your black & white drawings very much. Nice work Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's COLD here! So I'm a tad jealous of the fireplace right now since we didn't have a chance to have the chimney cleaned on the new house. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't know how you do these, this is not my kind of doodling. I do the kind while I'm on the phone, little boxes, hearts, flowers, but they look like a 2nd grader did them. You have something special going on there, Love it!!!!!
    I have so much to do, and the time is creaping up on me....I still have to get a gift a gift for my Kayla. I finished my kids shopping today...now to start the baking!!!!
    I was so happy to find you had left a comment...I am doing fine, still sore, but fine.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a kewl drawing Janet. Have you seen any of those music animae videos on PBS? It reminds me of one of those. I was waiting for it to start moving and making sound! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know how you feel, Janet....I don't know where my days are going either....they just fly by so fast!

    I LOVE your Urban Angel!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!