Saturday, December 27, 2008

Whewww!!

The big day has come and gone and it was wonderful....we missed Molly and we were sad that she couldn't be here with us but we called her several times and talked to her. We plan to have a mini-Christmas when she's able to get down here.

Santa must not have been paying close attention to me last year because he missed all those naughty things I did....he spoiled me rotten with gifts and I truly don't think I was that good!

I have so many new "toys" that I'm not sure which one to play with first! Besides my new laptop HB also gave me a new camera. He talked with a couple of our "techie" relatives and they gave him some suggestions. I love the one they recommended. It's a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5....it looks like this....



So far I've only taken a few photos but it's very easy to use and I love the fact that it's got auto settings or I can manually set them. I doubt I'll ever use the manual ones! I don't have the software installed on the computer yet but as soon as I do you can expect photos again!

I won't bore you with all my gifts. Just assume that I got way more than I deserved and I'm happy, happy, happy!!

HB also always buys us something as a gift we can both enjoy. This year it's a new Sony Blu-ray DVD player. And this, after I bought him some new movies on regular DVD! Oh, well, they will still play on it, they just won't be in blu-ray.

So we're all set now. I hope everyone else had a great Christmas too. HB left Friday morning for Michigan to visit his son and his family....three granddaughters ages 10, 13, and 16! He's going to have a blast!! HB needs some time off after all those long hours and more to come in the new year.

I hope you didn't eat too many cookies and other goodies over the holidays. I somehow managed to actually lose some weight! Now it's on to the New Year and more fun and art. Let's make 2009 a great year!

14 comments:

  1. oh i was spoilt too!
    now it really is a time to look ahead to all the new and exciting things the year will bring

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Santa knew exactly what he was doing! Yay for being spoilt rotten!

    Can't wait to see the new pics. Now I'm on my way to Artopia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha Janet..
    So you can take tuns of pictures of you..lol !!! :)
    Tell me, what's the 2009 diary project about? More of your fabbie draws on the way?
    peace, Kai xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the camera. I like my little one, because it is so easy to carry, but I don't like that it is only 3.1 megapixels! It is way old. Maybe . . . hmmmmm, We'll see! I'm glad you had such a fun and happy Christmas! Enjoy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I can't wait to see all your pics. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was spoiled by Santa too. I got a new slim Fuji camera to carry in my purse. I also got a lovely gift set of my favorite perfume, a laptop, and a new pair of glasses.
    Its been a fun Christmas with my kids all here. I am so happy you have had such a wonderful one too.
    xooxoxoxooxoxoxooxoxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have ate, but not alot. I am trying to think skinny and do something to make it happen...okay, everyone needs a dream! Spoiled! It was a wonderful Christmas and I am looking forward to learning more, doing more, and having some fun.
    Happy New Year Dear Friend....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your Christmas was wonderful. You do deserve to be spoiled!!!
    Yes lets make 2009 a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we all got spoiled this holiday season...

    Love your new camera!!! You are going to have such fun with it...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see you feeling better!
    I too got more than we deserved, but I will post on that soon.
    Happy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooh, what a fun present!! new camera's a sooo fun. you'll have a great time with it this year! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Santa definitely was on your side! He knew about your camera because HE JUST KNOWS! I'm so delighted you finally have a new shuttershooter! Go, Santa, go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your camera is terrific Janet. Circuit City will be seeing me again come June when our new is paid off. I'm educating myself now on the possibilities. Happy clicking and snapping, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you had a happy Christmas, Janet and were properly spoiled!
    I have an older but sort of similar Panasonic and I love it - I bet you're going to have lots of fun with that - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!