Friday, January 02, 2009

Playing Around....

Gosh, here it is the "tooth" of January and I'm just now getting around to posting something! I hope you all had a good New Year's Eve....we did although it was a bit quiet. HB returned from his trip on the 30th and was tired the next day but he made it past midnight to welcome in 2009.

It was just HB and I and my son here at the house but we laughed and had a good time. The next morning I made waffles for breakfast and then HB did his traditional black-eyed peas, cole slaw and cornbread.

In between all that I took down both Christmas trees and got all the ornaments packed away, and even had some time to play in the studio. I've had some alcohol inks for a long time but just never did anything with them so I got those out and played around. The theme for this month at CED is "play" so I think I did ok.

I still haven't mastered getting the pictures out of my camera and into my editing program so I have tons of photos on my camera but nothing to show you yet. We have a card reader but it apparently doesn't take the size of card that my camera uses, and I think my printer also has one but I don't want to print them. I just want to get them into my computer so I can size them and use them on my blog. I'm just so NOT techie!!

Hopefully tomorrow I can have some photos for you. As they say on tv...."Stay tuned....pictures at 11!!"

10 comments:

  1. I have the Canon Rebel XT and upload my photos via the USB cable right in to my computer. Once I upload them in My Pictures I can go one by and either open them in another program for resizing etc. or resize them right there. I keep that USB cable plugged in the back of my laptop all the time...then I just have to attach the end to the camera when ready with photos.
    Do you have a USB cable for that? You won't need to keep taking the card out if you do.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you get it all figured out Janet there will be no stopping you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just struggling with a new camera myself! I really want t be able to treat it like a Box Brownie but it insists on my trying out all its bells and whistles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just passing by to say hello and Happy New Year and good luck with the photo-from-camera-to-puter-to-blog thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like all had a good time bring in the new year. No ball falling for me, I was in bed by 10:30, no party animals live here, well except the cat.BLESSINGS FOR THE NEW YEAR!
    Looking forward to some ink art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I upload both of my cameras through my printer as it has multiple slots for different kinds of card. I should say I load all 3 cameras on that printer to my editing program as I have 3 right now. But, I don't think I'll be using the 3.1 megapixel one much anymore. It was good in its day, but not compared to the new ones.

    I'm waiting with baited breath! Come on photos, come on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patrick always does black-eyed peas for New Year's, too. I had never heard of that tradition. My mom always cooked cabbage and there was something about putting shiny new pennies in it or something.

    I'm headed over to check out your atcs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! I am looking forward to seeing your pics. You will get it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats for getting your tree down so early! Mines still up :( Can't wait to see your new photos!!! Have a graceful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. a belated happy new year!
    my decorations came down two days ago, although i never put up many so it is not that bad and things do not look bare!

    looking forwards to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!