Saturday, February 21, 2009

Another "Honey Do"....And Another Gift

First of all, HB wants me to tell all the other husbands out there that he only did this under duress! When I posted recently about my new ceiling fan a few of you wrote asking if you could "borrow" HB or maybe even clone him! Sorry....he's all mine!

You're probably wondering what that was all about. Well, I had another little "honey do" for HB and he finished it a few days ago. My studio is one of the upstairs bedrooms and unfortunately for me, it's the warmest room in the house all year round....hence the ceiling fan. But that's only half the solution. In the summer when it's HOT we usually use our swamp cooler rather than the central air. And in order for it to work, you have to have windows open a little bit in each room you want cooled so the air can circulate.

I keep the studio door closed all the time because of the cats. They get in there and cause mass disruption! So with the door closed I get no air circulation and the studio is unusable during the summer.

Solution!!



Yep! That's HB installing a screen door on my studio!



And here's a little peek from the hallway. (Don't mind the stuff along the wall....we hadn't cleaned up from the installation.) You may think I'm crazy for doing this inside but it was the only solution we could come up with. And it can easily be removed if we ever sell the house. I'm sure there aren't too many other people who would want a screen door on a bedroom!! But it works for me. Now I can keep the cats out and have cool air in the summer. Plus I feel less cut off from the rest of the house. I love it.

And now I promise to give HB (and all the other hubbys) a break for awhile.

*******************************************
Right after I finished this post the mailman brought another package from the OWOH giveaways. This time it was from Emily and it was these gorgeous serving pieces....



I thought when I won that it was for one set but when I opened the package there were two sets! Aren't they wonderful?! Thank you, Emily!! They will be used, for sure.

14 comments:

  1. Are you sure he can't be cloned. It won't hurt and I'd pay you in chocolates. LOL. That is a great idea. You are one smart cookie. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky to have such a resourceful husband. Dan is very bad at fixing things, especially when he thinks he's a plumber.

    Clever idea to put in a screen door. Way to think outside the box!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's what I call a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet,
    This is just great... I'm going to put a bug in my husband's ear to see if he'll consider installing a screen door if I ever have my studio :). The dog loves to sleep on whatever bed is open, so doors have to be closed when we're out.
    I love this idea!!
    Hugs,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. It's a perfect idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet ~ just wanted to let you know I am working on your hanger and will be sending it soon! Your husband looks like he is a jewel and your Owoh winnings are fabulous! ~Lucky you! Blessings, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is cute having a screen door inside! Lee's not much of a handy man but occasionally when he bends over it's plumbers butt.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky girl! You hit the jackpot with your hubby and with the serving pieces. I just loved those. Thought they were the *cats pajamas*!!!!!

    (I wouldn't trade Mr. Dragon either.)

    Hugs--

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the screen idea! Watch that they don't tear through the screen. Mine do and it looks like the Beverly Hillbillies on the back door. I need to get one of those screen shields--remember them??? I can't find them anymore!! Grrr. Love your win. How beautiful1!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet,

    I too love this idea! I'm thinking about putting one of those vintage screen doors (the kind grandma had) on my pantry. The squeakier the better!

    ~Michele

    PS - thank you for following my new blog... bare with me as I'm getting it off the ground and learning all the trick and trades of the blogging world! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, he's definitely a keeper! I love the small serving forks. You lucky!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! Are you sure you can't lend HB for just a little while? lol
    Love all the OWOH goodies you've been getting - woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a brilliant idea. I have the "honey do" (the Mountain Man did build the house after all), but we sometimes need a jump start on the ideas.
    Those are the coolest serving utensils ever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is such a GREAT idea!! smart thinking:))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!