Saturday, March 07, 2009

Art and a Drawing....

First some art....well, sort of! Once again my only bit of creativity has mostly been my daily art journal page. I did begin painting some pages for the ABC book Betzie is doing. We have me and Betzie and ShopGirl doing the books. It will be fun to work on something with a completely different theme than anything I would normally do....and challenging!! Just as the art journal pages have been!

March 6


As usual I don't like my writing on the pages. I don't like the actual words and I don't like the way they look....the actual printing. This is always my area of YUK when I do art journal pages which is why most of mine in the past don't have any words on them unless it's something I cut from a magazine. I love how some people have journal pages that are filled with words/writing and it almost becomes part of the picture. But I can't seem to get that look.

********************************************

And now here's what you really came over to see....the drawing (different kind....not art!) and who gets some paper!! I had 12 people who said they wanted to be included in the drawing. So random.org had an easy task this time around. The numbers picked were 5, 9, and 1....so my winners are knittnkitten, Nydia, and Doreen. I'll let you all know in either emails or on your blog if I don't have an email....and then you'll get some pretty patterned papers in the mail. Congrats on winning and thank you to each of you for giving some of my papers a new home!! Paper is a huge part of my disorganization in the studio so you are all helping me out.

Have a great, fun-filled weekend....and do some art!!

8 comments:

  1. I think all of the pages you've done are beautiful. I do understand, though, the challenge of doing something you don't like doing.

    Keep up the good work!

    Tamerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you .. I don't like *my* writing on the pages ... but I do it anyway! I figure if I do it enough, someday I might figure it out or like it! Positive ... the word for the day!

    Hugs--

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your writing is fine Janet you know we are our own worst critics don't you.
    Thanks for the prize --this is the first thing that I have ever won--yippee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this page, your handwriting is just fine....I don't like my writing either. I try to do most of mine on computer.
    I have been working on the ABC book this morning. I just put the cover on the front and back, it is drying.I am going to Summit's Birthday Party in a couple of hours. So when I get home this evening it sould be all set.
    I did it in red, did I tell you I am having a red year. Last year it was pink, so now everywhere I go, I am in read tops. It will be interesting to find out what my next color will be. I bought a new cell phone and yes, it is red.
    Big Hugs, RED

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are way too hard on yourself! I love seeing you play with journal pages. I know it's something you wanted to do for a long time, but felt uncomfortable with. Just enjoy the process... you don't have to love every page. But believe me - when you make many and start thumbing through your journal you will love seeing them one after another after another. It will make you smile! So, just keep on! They are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much again!
    I finally had some online time.
    Come see what I've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I struggle with how writing looks on my journal pages too! However, I think it adds a lot when I look back at that time of my life!
    I think I will join the prompt a day group. I'm off to check it out now!
    The stacked suitcases are great! I just bought another old suitcase to alter with decopage etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already apologised by email, but wanted to come here to apologise again for not seeing your post but today! Being without Internet at home is like that, I have to wait for the opportunity to come downtown so I can be online! :o)

    Thanks for the papers, can't wait to get them!

    Kisses from us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!