Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm Inspired to Create....

How can it be Friday already? What happened to the rest of the week?? Time is just flying by and I'm "living" in the studio! Poor HB thinks I've abandoned him! But you know how it is....new techniques to try, new toys to play with, new art supplies to experiment with....there's never enough time for all that plus the rest of LIFE!

I'm inspired by a gift I won during OWOH. It arrived a couple of days ago and I have it hanging in my studio where I can see it every day. The package was beautiful....



And I love the tag....



But what was inside is just fantastic!!!



Isn't that just the cutest, most inspirational plaque! I got to choose what word I wanted on it and the colors....so you KNOW lavender was my choice!! I love it!! I have it hanging where I can see it from my worktable and it keeps telling me to "Create!" This little work of art was created for me by Katie over at Ragamuffin Gal. Go take a peek at her blog. Thank you, Katie! I'm so glad I was a winner of one of your plaques.

********************************************

I've been keeping up with my journal pages, too! I'm going to actually finish the month and have a page for each day! That's amazing since I usually get about 3/4 of the way through these things and something always happens to throw me off course but not so this time. Here is the one for March 25....



You may not be able to tell but I used a very textural paper, almost rough to the touch, and a very delicate paper with a lace print. I thought the two papers showed the two sides of the desert.....rough and harsh yet very delicate, too.

I haven't finished the writing on the page for yesterday so I'll show it next time. I'm off to the studio now. I'm working on another textural piece. A couple of things I tried I didn't like so now I'm starting over. This one is a bit larger than the other one I did so it's taking longer.

16 comments:

  1. Janet ~ What kind words ~ Thank you! and What beautiful journal pages you have created! You are inspiring me to start a journal! I have a book I found a while ago and now I just need to start writing and creating! Thanks for the inspiration! Love and Blessings, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pages you're creating! And that plaque you won is beautiful - I'm jumping right over to her blog to check it out! I hope you have a great weekend! (We're supposed to get 6-8" of snow - I hope they're wrong!) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always amazed at how create artists are in their packaging! Very beautifully done! I'm enjoying your journal, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool sign! Love your Joshua tree page too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are doing so much art. It is wonderful to get to see it. I think the journal pages are wonderful too!

    I went to a friends, splashing through the melting snow piles and swimming home and did some more on the Jaguar. Maybe I'll get a post up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was at the art store today and bought paper, telling myself try what Janeyt is doing. I want to journal so much just seem to have a block going. Any help would be much appreciated. I love your journal. The create sign is wonderful. I am headed to peak at her blog. Warmly, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your gift from Ragamuffin Gal! You're right, it is very inspiring. And your latest journal page is just beautiful. Just 4 more days of the month. I'd love to see the entire finished journal. I bet it will be spectacular!!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janet - I must say I'm impressed. Your art is beautiful and very prolific. The plaque is a nice inspiration- so lovely to look at. You go girl, keep up the good work.
    Hugs,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute sign!!!
    Janet, your journaling is wonderful and I have to try it myself ONE OF THESE DAYS...not now though, but at some point!
    Happy creating my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whew! Well, my dear, I have been away for too long, so forgive my absence. You have been a powerhouse of art! Your journal pages on this post and the ones below dazzle me. I am in awe of your daily commitment and the beauty and quantity of work you have produces. Simply fabulous!

    Just walking into this post inspires me to do something, anything! (Though truth be told, not being able to lift anything and being left-handed with an enormous sling on my left arm is inhibiting my artistic efforts! Still, your work (And Ragamuffin Gal's great work) really kick me into gear!

    And, I loved the stencilled pieces you did -- especially the sunflowers (Always a favorite!).

    Oh, it's good to be back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful gift, what a wonderful win...

    Enjoy,
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful gift and a great inspriation to create! Your pages are beautiful as usual. You have inspired me to try my hand at creating journal pages. Well, I'll give it a shot at least.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The sign is really special, I would bet you have a place waiting just for it. I am with all the other gals, I love your Journal and will continue to find reason to do my own. I am still plugging away on the ABC Journal, it's okay, but I think it is without much going for it...Yet?????
    Big love, Mary
    If you get a minute, go look at Arney and I. I still feel sick, now the meds are kicking me in the butt. Good-night Friend

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous gift that you won from OWOH! It's absolutely lovely! Your journal page is very cool!

    Hope you stop on by for my 1st Blogoversary/100th post celebration! I'm even having a giveaway! Do come on over! Everyone is invited!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That little plaque is terrific. Not that you need the reminder to do it but it's great to be affirmed each time you look at it.

    Way to go on journaling! If I could only be so disciplined.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a wonderful plaque!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!