Monday, March 02, 2009

Some of This and Some of That....

Are you all holding your breath waiting on those rusty paper photos? Well, I don't have photos as in plural but I do have one photo to share with you....



The picture isn't the best but you can see two sheets of paper on the bottom (one is darker than the other but in person they both look good) and the top is an old piece of tee shirt material that I threw in at the very last. The steel wool was almost completely disintegrated by then but I like the way it turned out.

As for other creativity I haven't done much in the studio but I've been being "creative" in other ways. HB planted grass seed and put manure on the back yard....Yay! I just love the smell of cow manure in the morning!!! So I've been creatively staying away from the back of the house!

********************************************

I had a nice surprise from Snap a couple of days ago. She was my winner on my blog anniversary giveaway. Look at the wonderful gift she sent me....



I wish you all had smell-o-puter because it smells fantastic! Thanks, Snap!!!

********************************************

And my last bit of news....someone recommended an artist to me and I have to say I don't remember who it was....but thank you! I have just signed up for a layering and texture painting class with him....his name is Gary Reef. The class begins on March 16 and I'm very excited about it.

Ok that's about all the exciting news I have right now. Maybe I'll have some art to show you next time.

14 comments:

  1. its fun experimenting janet - yours came out great! I'm trying out some new stuff too! thats what art is all about! looking forward to seeing what you intend to do with the rusty papers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps I think it was Lee from defining me that recommended gary reef - looks like an interesting site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Talk about disintegration...those papers are COOL!! And I already told you abotu the class...looks fantastic..can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha Janet.
    Im glad your having fun in new mediums. I think im going to check your gary reef link now :)
    peace n hugs, kai

    ReplyDelete
  5. The painting class sounds wonderful! Looks like you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a great class Janet. I can't wait to see what turns out. I don't get the whole rust thing though. did you just want to clean it up?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still looking for that smell button. I know I have one!! Love your goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are welcome.

    Rust worked!

    The class looks awesome ... you'll have to give us updates as you go along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great rusty samples Janet I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neat Janet! Hope you enjoy your new class. I signed up for one at Joggles for the first time..a doll making class.
    Thanks for keepign me in mind for the green paint, but don't worry much about it. I am not sure what I truly want to do in that room yet.
    Enjoy the day and I happen to love the smell of manure! LOL At least horse manure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That rust experiment turned out great, after all! Thanks for sharing that. It's another technique I'll have to add to my growing list of things to try!
    :-)
    I hope you have a great time with your class, and I can't wait to hear all about it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those came out well. What do you do with the rusty stuff now?

    ReplyDelete
  13. your rusty experiment turned out great, janet!

    it may have been maria as she recommended him to me also. she is a big fan of gary reef and a talented mixed media artist herself. i've been watching some of gary's you tube videos and am lovin' his layering techniques! i'm sure you will have heaps of fun in his class.

    love, light and peace,
    serena

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the old look they have. I bet they'll be great on your journal pages!

    By the way, there's a fun paper project at The Crafty Crow blog that I want to make with Lucas, maybe you'll find it fun too:
    http://belladia.typepad.com/crafty_crow/2009/02/how-to-marbleize-paper-.html

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!