Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Addicted and Enabled....

Have you ever seen movies where one person has an addiction and all their friends seem to feed it? How they all enable that friend thereby keeping the addiction alive? And we always feel sorry for the addict because if not for their friends they might be able to kick the habit.

I have just such a friend!! She's feeding my habit! Look what came in the mail yesterday from my BFF Gail!







Don't you all feel sorry for me?! Isn't that just terrible for her to be feeding my addiction this way?!! I may never kick the habit now!!

When I opened the package and saw what was inside I just let out a big WHOOP and danced around the room. HB just stood there looking at me as if I'd lost all my marbles! Then I pulled all the lace out and started waving it at him and then he understood my excitement. I finally sat down and looked at each piece, actually drooled over a couple of them, and planned how I would use them in my next spray adventure.

Unfortunately that may be sometime next year the way things are going around here! We have had wind for days now and no let up in sight! Just so you know I'm not exaggerating here's a picture I took yesterday of a wind thingie I have on my patio....



This wasn't a wind gust....the wind was blowing like this the entire day and into the night. About the only chance I have of calm wind is just after dawn and then only for a little bit. So if I sleep past the window of opportunity there's no spray painting going on! And if I'm lucky to have a little bit of calm time to spray then I have to remember the sprinkler schedule so I don't end up a soggy mess along with my artwork. It's just hell having an addiction!!! Thanks, Gail, for feeding it! I love all the lace bits and pieces you sent. You can enable me anytime!!

19 comments:

  1. Friends who really understand us are a real gift ... even if they feed addictions! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS... What are you doing while you wait for the wind to stop? !!! ???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can't stop drooling over the lace. You are one lucky lady and what a dear BFF. Sharon
    PS. Ok it's windy...create wind catchers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha Janet..
    Behind every successful woman, are three more egging her on! Friends are beautiful that way.. :)
    peace, Kai

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful to have kindred spirit friends.

    BTW, we share the same addiction!!

    Hugs!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh...old laces are one of my passions in life...and old tatting too!
    Have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's some booty I would love Janet--but I would be using them in my crazy patchwork.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your package arrived safe, and that you will be able to use what I sent. You might have to ad a wind shelter to HB's honey do list ....

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are worse addictions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun! I love it when you receive a package full of additive fun! Hate that strong wind though! EEEE! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woooo000OOO! THe winds of change are blowing! THat is what I call wind blown. Wow!I did not know you loved old bits of lace! I shall keep an eye out! THanks for stopping by my new blog! I do love it here in tropical paradise, and will be here for ever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't mind an addiction like that and friends to encourage it. What fun you are going to have with all that pretty lace!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are funny..!
    Maybe I need an addiction like this to get me out of bed earlier..!
    It's been really windy here as well. Today is good, and sunny..!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous lace Janet..some of it looks antique. I would def. be using that for quilting. Yes you poor thing, having friends who are enablers. Ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Try setting up a cardboard box spray zone. Turn a box on it's side, put the lace on some paper and let the top flap fall downward. Then spray. It does help if you can air out the room but the overspray gets largely trapped by the box sides and upper flap.

    It gets so windy where I live it would have taken that windsock and sent it out of sight!

    What a great addiction you have and enabling friend! I am addicted to art stuff in general but don't seem to have that buddy like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We've had wind also, lots of wind this whole spring! I'm sick of it! I'm not a fan of the wind although I always suspect it is telling me secrets if only I spoke 'wind.'

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great addiction and wonderful friends.....

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh (light bulb goes on in my head), lace for stencils. Yes! I will include some lace I have in your stencils package.

    Gah - I hate wind, just hate it. I get cranky on windy days.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely way to go....you are doing some really special art...new and exciting to watch you grow in it. Gail is so sweet to send all this lace. I just Lufff her so much.
    Darn that wind!!!!
    Your , Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!