Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Artsy Stuff....And a Book, too!

Yesterday was a good day. I didn't get a lot done in the studio but I did find a nice, fairly big piece of lace at the thrift store for less than $2....it could be a small tablecloth. I plan to use it as a stencil! I can't wait to try it. But the wind has been blowing....and I do mean BLOWING! So no spray painting right now.

I also received a product that I had ordered....it's something that Gary Reef uses in his artwork but I wasn't able to find it anywhere around here. It's actually more of an automotive product!! I'll tell you more about it later. I can't wait to try it out and thankfully the wind won't be an issue with it.


My art journal continues to grow. Here are the last few pages and I'm up to date with showing you what I've done.

April 13


April 14


April 15


Last evening HB and I went to a grand opening for a new Smart & Final store. For those of you who don't know what that is, they're kind of a smaller, grocery store only, version of Costco. It's a membership store with good prices, and last night they were even better! After we shopped HB had a meeting to attend so I stopped in at Barnes & Noble....it's right next door! I'm sooooo bad!! And this book just seemed to jump into my hands and wouldn't let go of me so I had to buy it! It has so much information....so far I've just skimmed through it but I know this book is going to help me learn a lot of art techniques.

That's about it for today. I hope you're all having a creative day and that the sun is shining where you are.

12 comments:

  1. Since I am loving your journal pages so much and you recommended it, I just ordered the book from Amazon. Perhaps it will spur me on and encourage me to start my own creating instead of just admiring yours. As always, the pages look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha Janet,
    It's a grand thing to question in colour.. :)
    You are a woman after my own heart with your shopping. Mr Dan usually tucks some $$ in my hand and says go enjoy while he takes a nap.. He's not enthused by shopping unless Amp wiring is involved..lol.

    Peace, Kai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,,,I just keep on Loving your pages. I have been so bad and have not done any art in over a week. That book looks totally awesome. So glad you shared it with us!
    Sun hasn't shined here since saturday.
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had that book in my hand last night! Did a speed flip through and it looks really great..

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so inspiring-love those pages! I'm gonna have to go and check out the book now. :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! You are so lucky to find a nice piece of lace at such a good price! Thanks for the book info ~ I'll have to keep my eye out for it! Hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great buy on the lace!

    Thanks for the heads up on the book.....LOVE your pages as usual ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard of that store. I remember Memco, whch was a smaller version of Costco many years ago. Oooh, that book looks great! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had fun catching up on all your posts! You stay busy, girlfriend! And you have the right idea! Have you read the book, Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell? You would enjoy it! It's about how much time and practice it takes to be great at anything! You always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went to amazon and the book looks like a must have...I have a Barns and Noble here so I might take a trip to boise.
    I love all your new pages, you seem to have found something you are really like, and that is a wonderful gift.
    I will post the things I made for the Mother~Daughter tea tomorrow. I just finished this evening...it has been fun to do, but I am glad it is finished. I have a evening to help my co-person finish her's and then decorate the Fellowship Hall on the 26, that will be fun.
    Big Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your journal pages.
    I have that book, It is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your journal pages are so inspiring. Being in my sling is making me crazy -- no glue, paint or art for me, but that'll change soon. With inspiration like this, I'm motivated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!