Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Keeping It Going....

I know I'm late getting something posted for today. HB and I worked in the yard most of the afternoon and then I was too pooped to do much until now! But I wanted to show you that I'm continuing my page a day. Today it isn't a page I did but the journal cover. This is just one of those plain black spiral journals so I decided to jazz it up a little.



It's mostly just things cut from a magazine and a little paint but I like how it turned out.

I've also been carving some stamps. That's something I've had on my list to do for a long time and finally I got around to trying it. I carved three stamps while watching tv and they were easy to do. I'm sure I'll be making more of these. I just stamped them on some scrap paper so you could see what they look like....



And here's what the third one looks like....



That dark streak is just because I didn't ink it up very good. I think this one looks like a rock wall or rock path. I like all three and can't wait to use them in some artwork.

Ok, that's it for today!

12 comments:

  1. ooh making your own stamps! wow.
    hoping that you can succeed in growing those vegies this spring & summer! you can even journal your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your 'fancied up' journal cover much better than plain, old black. Very nice! The stamps you made are very cool. Can't wait to see how you use them in your next work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha Janet.
    I like the stamps..they look like a pathway to somewhere exciting..
    peace, Kai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making stamps is on my list. I really like your journal cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your journal cover. What do you make the stamps from? Looks like a fun wall-painting technique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool Stamps! I want to try that...a crow! Yeah ! The colors in your journal are so pretty. di you know that you can use designs from fancy paper napkins? Just peel apart the layers and voila...fodder for collage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I love the journal cover too! I noticed someone else also asked this, but what do you make the stamps out of?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The journal looks lovely now. really jazzed up. Like the stamps too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice Janet!

    It is so much fun seeing you letting the creative juices flow. Oops have to run for an appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tell me how you did them! I love the brick one. I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice! Love the stamps! I would enjoy making them, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!