Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Stencil Mania Continues!

Here it is Wednesday already. Big night for me!! I've got a super hot date tonight with not one but three gorgeous hunks!! Tonight is my favorite night of tv because LOST is one! And I'll get to drool over Sawyer, Sayid, and Jin! Is it just me or do Sawyer and Sayid look exceptionally good this season?

Ok, enough of this drooling....I've got the front of my shirt wet so I better dry off and get down to showing you what I've been doing in the studio.

My art journal page-every-day is continuing.

April 5


April 6

(This one looks a lot like one I did last month!)

April 7


And I've continued to play with stencils. I've cut some that Gary shared with us plus a few others and have a whole stack of images waiting to be cut. I'm going into stencil madness!



This one turned out ok. I started off with a canvas board that I covered with paper scraps. Then I rollered on several colors of paint and wiped them back a lot. Then I just started adding stencil images. I think it turned out ok.



The background colors on this one don't show up very good. This one is done in the same way. The Mona Lisa is one of the images Gary shared with us. This one I wasn't sure about. HB doesn't like it. But I'm mostly experimenting right now so I'm trying all kinds of things.

Remember that red and orange piece I showed earlier? Well, I experimented with it and here's the result....



And here is another one I played around with....



This was a piece of my rusted paper from a couple of weeks ago. When I put the red stencil down it smeared all over and at first I thought it was ruined but I kept messing with it, added the black heart and it turned out a little better. Nothing great but it's ok.

It's just so much fun to play around with stencils and spray paint. You should see me with my respirator on! I look like Darth Vader! Sound a little like him, too!!

Have a great day....and you know what I'll be doing tonight!

17 comments:

  1. Hey Janet...yes, I must agree, Sawyer and Syid are HOT!!!!

    And your journal pages are hot too.:)

    You rock girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been a busy girl. I love your brain, bird and bed ones especially. Your colors are so beautiful. Just to let you know it was 70 degrees here (FINALLY) yesterday. I have a crush on Monday nights with the fellow who plays Castle on Castle. He is such a goof and so sweet and funny. I think we all need that these days. The girl in the show is darling too. Have you seen it? Have a glorious creative day. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Jack?

    I vote: Sawyer, Jack then Jin...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really enjoying yourself aren't you. You are doing some good work here. Keep it up. they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stencilmania is becoming stencilitis! Good for you! Everything is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been having fun haven't you?! These look great Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, I am impressed, not only by the beautiful things you are making (the journal pages rock) but the sheer volume. You are one busy bee! All I can say is GREAT job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you wear a bib tonight!

    I love these journal pages. I've been thinking of doing this as well. I was just over at Pam Garrison's and her journaling is just lovely.

    Hugs!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janet,

    I'm in the stencil class with you and, apparently, in Prompt a Day as well!.

    I was in the January and Feb Prompt a Day, dig a lot, then skipped March, now I'm back, but haven't gotten anything done, and now I must gather supplies for stencils. Yikes.

    These online classes are great, but I'm afraid I'm a bit addicted!

    Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Janet I am so with you there about the comfy bed and the birds singing in the morning. We have been able to sleep with the windows open the past week and its so delightful to hear the birds chirping in the a.m. The doves start cooing very early, about the time I am ready to get up. Oh, the stencils are looking great, I like the Mona on the red and orange background. They all are looking good though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think all your art here is fantastic..
    have a wonderful weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! All the colors, shapes and textures you're using are beautiful! I really enjoy seeing all the new things you're trying.

    I'm finally getting into LOST this season, myself. I used to only watch bits of random episodes and felt totally lost trying to figure out what was going on. Now I just go with the flow and enjoy each episode for what it is. Drool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aloha Janet,
    It's true, they have turned on the hunkiness on LOST.. lol. no wonder were all like drooling high school girls over them.
    I love watching your pages evolve..right now I'm have art issues..like a blank page screaming to be scribbled on..
    Inspiration is a gift..
    peace, Kai xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are a maniac and I mean that in the best ways! Everything is so beautiful -- I'm in awe of what you've been doing lately.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW....you sure have been busy, Janet, and I'm enjoying every bit of it! I was wondering what white pen you used for the writing on the first journal page dated April 5th?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!