Saturday, May 02, 2009

Day One of the Challenge....

I'm a day behind but here's my painting for the first day of my 30 day art challenge over at Gary's site....



I had to scan it and it doesn't show the colors as they truly look. It's more vibrant in real life and, again has some gold highlights. I just did this on a piece of cardboard from some packaged food. I put down some cheesecloth and scrunched it up with glue, then painted over it, and added the automotive goo that I love so much (!!), wiped it back and added the gold highlights. It's not great but I got something created for the first day!!

Sorry this is so short but now I have to make something for today!!!

6 comments:

  1. You are too busy to blog! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're off to a good start! Wish I was close by to learn your techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this effect! Nice work, Janet! What exactly is this automotive goo you speak of?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's my sort of art-I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is the auto goo? Can you share that with me? Please, I hate secrets..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are s o creative! Automotive goo..hmmm. Now that is something i haven't heard about. WE all want to know more! I love your painting .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!