Wednesday, May 20, 2009

More From the Classes....

It's been another play day in the studio. HB came home at noon because he had a dentist appointment so I stopped for a little bit but as soon as he left I went right back up to paint some more.

The wind has been ripping the past few days and I have so many ideas for spray painting....wouldn't you know! Oh well, I'll just keep playing with the techniques I'm learning from Alisa Burke and Julie Prichard.

Here's another piece I did in the "Alisa class"....


I called this one "Mardi Gras"....everything here is mine. I carved the stone stamp and I cut the swirly stencil.

And here is my piece for the 30 day art challenge....


I'm not so sure I like this. It's a total experiment using the technique that Julie is teaching us. I wanted to see if it would translate to something other than a background.

And last, here is my art journal page for today....


I used the "Julie technique" here, too. It reads "Tears are words the heart can't express."

I have tons more that I've done but I won't bore you with them now. The techniques I'm learning from Alisa are so much fun....I have painted several things in her style. Julie's technique takes a little more time and practice for me. But I'm trying!

15 comments:

  1. I just love that you are doing stuff like crazy before it is too hot. You sound so very happy and that warms the cockles of my heart--I never have learned where that is located.

    My fav today is the red and yellow one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could never bore us! I learn so much from you and appreciate that you share so many of your techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the top one - its really good Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoooHoooo! You Go Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful and beautiful!!! I especially love the one where you made everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, Mardi Gras is wild and crazy good. Put it in a frame please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, Janet. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Before I even read about the journal page my heart skipped a beat as I gazed at the color. I could feel the emotion.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Mardi gras. So pleased that you are enjoying yourself with your art. You are producing some spectacular results.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Mardi Gras piece and the red and yellow journal page are awesome! You do keep busy Janet! I think you could easily have done the 30 day challenge 3 times over by now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them all, but really like Mardi Gras! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:54 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12:54 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12:54 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous12:55 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!