Friday, May 29, 2009

Seeking and Striving....

"I am seeking, I am striving, I am in it with all my heart" -Vincent Van Gogh"....I saw this quote on a newsletter from Leah Piken and it seemed to fit me. That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm seeking information in the form of online art classes, I'm striving to do better with my art, and I am most definitely in it with all my heart. I won't ever be a Vincent Van Gogh but that's ok. I need both my ears to keep my glasses on! Recently there has been some speculation that he might not have cut off his own ear but that Gaugain might have sliced it off with a sword! You can read about all aspects of Van Gogh here but there's no mention of jkbees!! Oh, well, I don't want to be famous anyway!

I'm so behind in posting any of my art. With the recent long weekend I just got behind with my blog....so rather than bore you to death with picture after picture I'll just put them all over on Artopia and you can see them there if you want.

I'll just show you yesterday's work.

May 28 art journal page:



And my art piece for the 30 day challenge is the piece I did in Julie's class. It's lesson three and I'm happy with how it turned out. I haven't put any words on it or done anything with it yet but here is the background:


You should be able to click on it to see it bigger.

One more thing....back to the seeking part from above. If anyone knows of a really good upcoming online art class please let me know. I'm searching for the next one!

15 comments:

  1. Aloha Janet..
    LOVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE the ocean page~~!!
    you are such a talent!
    peace, Kai

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the Ocean page. It should be an add for a travel agency, it makes want to go on vacation. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Art journal page ~ beautiful colors! Blessings, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about the Ocean! You captured it beautifully here! I love all the blue colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the orange piece! Quite amazing! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have inspired me alot girlfriend! Now school/work year is over for me. I want to be like you and devote my heart to art.
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you find a class, let me know! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss Blu is tediously filming a portrait class... Mrs. Luggage is mulling ideas for an "experience" starting September 1st-ish....

    Have not heard of any others....but will keep my ears on.

    10-4

    ReplyDelete
  9. You won't ever bore me with what you do Janet and I think may others would feel the same.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You ARE most definitely in it, dear Janet! These pages are gorgeous. I can't believe you'd think posting your art here would be boring. Now I'm on my way over to Artopia to see the rest of your work, you silly girl.

    Love,
    Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful you have found your niche and are in your glory creating what you love! Keep it up Janet...:))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way cool to see you just perking along, Janet. Fame, who needs it? I wouldn't know what to do with it anyway, as I just have to be eccentric instead of odd.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Ocean Journal page. I Love the ocean too! I also Love how aggressively you are pursuing your growth as an artist. Who needs fame? I love doing art just for my own peace of mind.
    Love the background you made too!
    Awsome Job, Ms. Janet!!!
    xoxoxoxooxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful pages...
    I love them both but really love the red orange one..

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that ocean page!
    Great start on the orange page too!
    Grandaughter is still sleeping, but maybe she and I will do art journal pages today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!