Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Some Days It's Just $@#&*^*(%....

Yesterday I said I would catch up on my art journal pages today and I'm going to do that. But I must warn you that a couple of these are just not much. I've been concentrating on so many other artsy things that I think my journal pages have suffered. I have a couple of ideas clanging around in my brain but I can't seem to pull them together on a page. Some days an idea or a picture just sparks something and I'm off and running. Then there are days when I really struggle with my journal.

So here are the pages.
May 8:

This one isn't too bad. I used my "flying girl" stencil and then just painted on her mermaid tail.

May 9:

This one says something we should all remember but the drawing isn't all that good.

May 10:

This page is such a nothing page!! I just slapped some flowers down over a spray painted page and said "that's it!"

May 11:

Mostly spray paint and stencils.

You can see that my inspiration just wasn't there in these pages. But I'm continuing on and making something each day even if it is crap!!

14 comments:

  1. Love them, especially the 8th and 9th. Just my colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first one and I think you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's wrong with these?
    A journal reflects our feelings, when you look back you will remember how you felt that weekend..no?
    I'm still amazed you have the discipline to do something each day...good going.
    hugs
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no crap here! I love the mermaid page and what's written in it. It made me want to float alogn with it! The "Live outloud and in colour" is awesome! I should remember this everyday...

    What I see here is that you're evolving and getting more aware of you art!

    Kisses from us, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a thing wrong with any of these. Sometimes the simplest is the best ... I'm finding that out! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aloha Janet,
    I LOVE the mermaid one..and the colours are perfect..you're such an artsy person!!
    Peace, Kai xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea that you are doing one of these a day...talk about being committed to your project.

    These are certainly beautiful pages to me...maybe because it's not the medium I work in - but I know how to appreciate it...

    Love what you are doing -

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep telling the children...the best thing about doing art is that it is all GOOD! Even what we may think of as bad. It is an expression of ourselves! And the funny thing is, I thought yours were all great..I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some days are diamonds-some days are dust that's the way life works Janet-but I think you are being a bit hard on yourself.
    You are creating art that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I peraonally love Live Out Loud!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you are way to hard on yourself, these look great. When there is little or no inspiration I just dont post. I love the mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Personally I think the first one is terrific. So much movement on the page....I see her swimming...plus the colors are awesome too! I like the living out loud as well...and I think the flowered one could be a magazine cover. Don't be so hard on yourself!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the first one too. I have lots of stuff in my head, but Arney is the center of my days right now. He is a bet of a pill right now...so this is what I must do right now. I am so glad that I can come peek at what you are doing. Big Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, I'm just admiring that you can still do a journal with everything else you're taking on these days! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!