Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm Doin' it Again....

Monday morning and we are in the heat! I got spoiled with all that nice, cool weather we had for awhile but now it's decided to get serious and turn HOT! It was around 100ºF yesterday and expected to be hotter today. I may not be very productive today.

Recently I mentioned that I was not going to take any more art classes for awhile so that I could have time to absorb what I've learned from the ones I've taken. And I've been pretty good about not looking for them and not signing up for ones that I see. But for the month of July I'm going to be doing Kelly Kilmer's Prompt a Day art journaling class. If you remember I took the one in March and it really gave me a jump-start on my journaling, and she has some new things in store for July so I thought I'd give it another go. If you're interested, just click on her name above and it will take you to her blog where she has all the info.

Over the weekend I kind of cheated on my journal pages. I had some spray painted backgrounds in my journal that I just tweaked a little bit and used for my pages during my busy days.

June 26:


June 27:


June 28:


I hope these pictures look ok. I'm trying different photo editing. I had an older version of Easy Share from Kodak in my computer and I loved it for resizing photos but recently I decided to upgrade because it wasn't working smoothly anymore....and of course, the "new and improved" version doesn't have any of the features I loved best about the old one!! So now I'm using online editing through Picnik and I'm not too sure I like it yet.

********************************************
As many of you know, I'm behind again in visiting and answering emails and comments. I seem to always be saying this but it's true! I can't keep up anymore! So I hope you won't be mad at me if I haven't been around for a few days. You know I'll always make it eventually, and I do try to keep up with my emails but when I don't get them done over the weekend then by Monday I really have a lot to answer. I guess I'm just not a very good blog buddy!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Janet....I love the pages, your choice of colors is beautiful.
    I'll be looking for you on Kelly's Prompt A DAY. I really enjoyed taking it in June, so I'll be continuing in July.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are great. It's not cheating to have backgrounds already done and then tweak them! We all do it. I'll have to check out Kelly's Prompt A Day. I enjoyed the two months that I took the class ... something new huh? !!!

    Tell me about the heat ... I noticed the high pressure moved in your direction. I understand it will move back to us eventually. You can keep it!

    Hugs--

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we are all..always behind! lol I love your art! I'm so glad you share your ideas with me! I'm learning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog....to answer your question, I live in Goffstown, right outside of Manchester. It's nice here, but I'm a city girl and always will be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your new "look" on your page and don't know if I'd said that before. It is so very you and so is doing the 'one more' class for journaling. Seems like something you'd love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet the blog looks fab and i love the journal pages they are superb. great work. As for getting behind ??? me and you both lol i have been way behind this month. Hope to catch up bit by bit
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I leave and there are new awesome pages here and your blog has changed. Just wonderful.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know that i love all that you do. i am still making tags, I can't seem to stop.
    I will take some pictures.
    Love ya, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aloha Janet...you go girl..more classes= more Janet art and Im all for that!!
    peace, kai

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Janet! I think your journal pages are wonderful! I love the gifts that you made for others too!
    The heat is getting worse here too! I'm trying to decide on if I should or shouldn't be in a market here due to it.
    I might have to skip a month or two.
    We'll see....
    Janet, don't ever feel like you need to appologize for not working online. I know that's funny for me to say seeing as how I seem to appologize for that often but you don't need to.
    *HUGS*
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aye, it is gettin' hot here in Portland, too! Whew! Be in the 90's the next few days...
    Love your art as always, and I think about me TRYING something like that and messing it up for sure, maybe later...LOL!
    I am so glad that you came by the fairy day post, and to find out you were married on that day! And, for visiting, and being behind, me too~! Seems that I am wayyyyyy behind, but fun to catch up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!