Saturday, June 06, 2009

Just a Quiet Saturday Morning

Last weekend HB's youngest granddaughter, Savannah, turned eight years old. For her birthday I decided to make tee-shirts using a stencil I cut of her school picture. They were a big hit at the party so I thought I'd show you how they turned out!







Of course, I messed up the hot pink shirt (her favorite color!)....actually I won't tell you how many I messed up before I got a good one!! Now her mom wants one, too. I don't know why I didn't think of that earlier.

Also a few weeks ago I won a giveaway at Art in the Garage. This is the beautiful print that Karen sent to me....



I love it! Karen said another person had framed one of her prints in black....I think I'll do that, too. There's a nice white border around this print and the black should set it off nicely and make all those colors pop. Thank you, Karen!! "Flygirl #4" is beautiful!!!
*******************************************
Here are my journal pages for the past couple of days. I haven't done one for today yet.

June 4:

I smeared the date on this page!

June 5:


Ok, gang....that's all I have for today. I'm enjoying some very cool temps and plan to get some art done this afternoon. I hope you all have a fun weekend.

17 comments:

  1. What cute t-shirts! I bet your granddaughter was just thrilled to get them. The journal pages are great, as usual. I couldn't see the smeared date. It looked good to me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The t-shirts are wonderful! Cool temps ... you are just being mean saying "cool" while we swelter! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The t-shirts are great bet you where really pleased with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are the most adorable t-shirts... please show us how to make stencils out of photographs!! Your journal pages are just getting cooler and cooler! Enjoy the nice weather... it's 85 degrees here and I went outside for about 10 minutes and got 3 misquito bites... I hate those little boogers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shirts are great! Good idea! I love the hot pink one!! Wha????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the T shirts Janet are you going to get one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I shall, and hope you have a good one too. I think that for me, I like the yellow, orange and black stencil T-shirt the best. I'd look terrible in yellow so it is good the granddaughter looks great in yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the T-shirts are really cute. SHe looked so happy to wear them. Just another thing you have done so well. I have done T-s with hand prints of my Grandkids, they are over sized, and they sleep in them when they are here over night.
    The big guys have out grown them and over nighters with Grandma.
    Happy June Dear Friend, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the t-shirts and she is so cute...your journal pages are great also.
    Katelen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet, T-shirts look great. Did you use some kind of fabric paint on them?

    its cool and rainy here.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jan ~
    I am in awe of your GD stencil ~ you are a very talented lady! Your post today was inspiring in many ways! You are truely going forth and living the creative life! Many Blessings,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous......I am so impressed....you could have a market for those....I want to make one for the kids of their photos.....how do I do that? You never cease to amaze me..... you are like a spring chicken in the youth of your life!! You planning to live to 150 I suppose!! I can imagine the excitement when she saw them!!! You rock Janet....I bet you are the most popular grandma ever!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Janet. Kewl t-shirt idea. You're just so talented. I know your granddaughter was happy with those! Wonderful gift idea! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet little granddaughter and I'm sure the T-Shirts were a great hit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Janet- what a GREAT idea! Stencil t-shirts! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The t-shirts turned out great. She is a cutie pie, and how very cool for her to have shirts with her "very ownself" on them. She will be the envy of all who see her, and I'll bet she wears one every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am SO amazed at your talent in so many arenas!!!! I love the fact that you make your own journal pages! We all should make the effort as you and many others have in trying our hands at expressing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!