Sunday, June 07, 2009

Mehndi/Zentangle Anyone??

Over the past few days I have not been visiting blogs much, and I have been very bad about answering your comments....I apologize. Sometimes I get into a flow with something and I don't like to break my concentration. Here's what I've been doing.

I had an idea to do a zentangle on scrapbook paper....to use something with a soft background that would just peek through and give an illusion of something behind it. The paper I used is pretty good but it doesn't show up much in the photo.



I think you should be able to click on this photo to see it larger. I worked on this off and on for several days. It takes me awhile to think up all those little designs and draw them out but I got lucky when I was at the library. I was just walking down an aisle on my way to the art section when I looked over and saw two small books about henna tattoos/Mehndi at the end of a shelf, as if they were just waiting for me!! They are a goldmine of small designs! I brought both of them home with me and have devoured them! I didn't use too many of the new designs in this piece....some of them are detailed and I need to practice a bit more but I love adding them to my repertoire.

Ok, that's all I have today.

20 comments:

  1. thats lovely! it would look great printed onto fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really like this page. And, about the library -- synchronicity! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet...I love all of these intricate designs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Janet I love the hint of the background design peeping through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aloha Janet,
    You could get lost in the zen and flow of those patterns, you're fabbie at this type of art!!
    peace,kai

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like something that took a lot of time and great attention to detail. Nice work Janet! Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet,
    This is beautiful..The detail is amazing...Your work is always so inspiring.
    Thank you,
    Katelen

    ReplyDelete
  8. FANTASTIC!!! It;s been ages since I've done any zentangles....maybe this gorgeous page will inspire me ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh how I love zentangles & this one of yours is brilliant!! lovely design Janet:)makes me want to do some, they are so relaxing:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Wow!!! I love the Zentangle. I have been doing them too. I posted one that I did on my blog. Yours are much better and I Love the idea of doing them on scrapbook paper. They are so addicting to do.
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. K, Beth mentioned this zantangle thingy (sounds like what I found this morning at the end of my bed rolling down the stairs--thanks to bella). Looks like so much fun!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. brilliant inspiration for Zentangling, now why didn't I think of that :) Lovely closeup too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Janet, I've been admiring these zentangles lately too. I'm going to try my hand at them this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you picked excellent background paper for this project, Janet..so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice! I wish I could write in really small letters...but I wanted you to know I have been drawing! I've been trying to draw some every day and it's making me feel GREAT! Thanks for your inspiration! You have really made a difference...I just want you to know...in BIG LETTERS! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Zentangle...hmmmm...new word for my vocabulary...I love the henna work, and wish to have it done some day.
    I was thinking...you would be MARVELOUS at art quilting, do you inbibe?....Give it SERIOUS thought if you do not now, as you would be great at it...
    Have a great creative week...
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  17. It reminds me of the lovely mendhi designs Janet. I had a henna tattoo once, and the artist just makes it up as she goes along. I guess they do so many it comes naturally. I like yours, with the hints of colour showing through.
    It amazes me how you keep coming up with new ideas!
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Janet,
    This is really lovely. I like the way you produced this over the design.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think this is great. You can see the pattern behind if you really look at it so I bet it looks even better in person.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!