Friday, July 31, 2009

Bored???

It's Friday, the end of the month....where did July go?? I've completed another month of art journaling. I still can't believe I'm doing this! Anyone who has been with me for any length of time knows that I struggled for so long wanting to do an art journal but never "getting" it. I looked at other people's journals online and just couldn't get the hang of doing one myself. Sounds really crazy now when I look back. I have to give credit to Kelly Kilmer for getting me started. Once I got going I don't want to stop!

I'm taking her class again in August. I think I learn as much from the other people as I do from Kelly. It's great to see how everyone interprets her instructions in a different way.

So here's my last page for July....

July 31:


And this is so true....I am so easily bored. I really have to be doing something all the time. I can't just sit quietly and watch tv....I have to be doing something. Well, I take that back....if I'm watching "Lost" I can sit for hours and just watch!!

Are you easily bored?

10 comments:

  1. That is a great page, Janet. I am so like you as I can't sit and do nothing either. Even watching tv I have to be doing something with my hands. I love seeing your journal pages every day. They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing your journal pages makes us bloggers know about you, Janet. And, from what I have seen of your work and busy-bee lifestyle, I would say that you are NEVER bored!
    Me, only time I get bored is when I am waiting for a class, seminar, meeting to begin, wanting it to GET ON WITH IT...As for home, I can say I do NOT get bored, there is always something to do if you apply yourself...
    And, watching "LOST" is one of those things. I cannot believe that this is the last season for the show...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pages - the say so much about you....

    BTW, thank you for filling my mail box the other day...I love it...it is truly beautiful...and made my heart sing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page! It's so great seeing you do your journal pages every day. It makes me want to pull my journals back out and play. I haven't done that in way too long. I think I'm finally over my decorating frenzy having reverted back to ME and all the color that I seem to crave! So maybe I can get back in to actually doing art.

    I don't know where July went either. Seems like we wait so long for summer and then BAM it's gone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do remember how hard you struggled with the art journaling back then, Janet, and I am so impressed with how far you have come. I sure wish I'd have gotten the hang of it but I kept getting side-tracked with other creative endeavours. For now, I will just sit back and enjoy your wonderful pages instead.

    I can't say I ever get really bored because I enjoy being lazy and doing nothing as much as I enjoy other stuff. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I'm easily bored. Love this page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am never bored...that's what I always say! I like to stay busy all the time but I can always find something to do and if I have a tiny bit of free time I love to bake! Love your art pages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Janet you are just rocking along! This is exciting. and here you are at the end of another month. Way to go girl!

    I have to be doing 2 things at once to be content. I think maybe being a Mom got us conditioned to that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get bored a lot...but when I do it is not for long periods of time..

    Kudos for you and sticking with your journal so long!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I've been bored lately. I read so many books that I burned myself out (temporarily). I had always thought that if I wasn't working I really could fill the time. However, since I have not worked in six weeks (not voluntarily) I do not know what to do with myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!