Followers

Monday, July 20, 2009

Fear of Flying....

Since it's still hot I haven't done much in the way of art except for my daily art journal page. When I get hot I get cranky and lose my energy. Nothing pleases me! I'm sure HB dreads seeing hot weather!

Yesterday HB cooked out on the grill....he did enough stuff to last for several days so at least we don't have to worry about cooking for awhile. Plus the fridge is loaded with fruits and veggies because I just bought a juicer. We have been wanting one and the other day I was in Bed Bath and Beyond for something else and I spotted juicers. I bought a Breville since earlier I had read some good reviews on that brand. So far we love it.

So between the juicer and the blender I can have smoothies and juice drinks all summer long. Yum!! Do you make juices, and if so what's your favorite kind? I have a couple of juice books from my old bookstore and they helped get me started. I'll probably be making up all sorts of weird concoctions!

Here's my page for today....

July 20:

(Remember if you want to see this larger check it out on my flickr page.)
This page is so true! I hate to fly!! HB is going to be flying to the Pittsburgh area early in August for a family reunion....but I won't be going. There's something about being in a confined space with someone else in control that I don't like! I don't like the feeling that I can't leave if I want to. I've flown in the past but it just isn't my thing. I don't like anything about it. So I keep my feet on the ground and wait for that bridge to be built over the ocean so I can drive to Europe and England and elsewhere!

12 comments:

  1. foadarlMy favourite juice is carrot and apple especially tart green apples.
    I used to have a juicer many moons ago back when it took a week to clean them--yuk.
    My Stephen doesn't enjoy flying but he is going to have to put up with it because we are off next week on a 10 day holiday to Perth(the other side of Oz) and we are in the air for about 6 hours so things will be tough for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the(foadar) at the beginning of the last post that was the word verification for the post---don't know how that got there---grrr gremlins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fruit juice and fruit smoothies and such but they are not the best thing for diabetics so I have to pass (pout) and the only veggie juice I like is V8.
    I too do not like to fly, I have when I have had too but it really makes me nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted a juicer. I will be happy to see what all you concoct! Trying to send some of our cool air your way. I Love to fly but sometimes it gets a little spooky when there is turbulance.
    Love the journal page!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aloha Janet,
    Fear of flying is just something you'll have to get over because I want to meet you and PA is soooooo close!! I'll send you my eye mask?
    please?
    peace, Kai

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aloha Janet,
    Fear of flying is just something you'll have to get over because I want to meet you and PA is soooooo close!! I'll send you my eye mask?
    please?
    peace, Kai

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Dear Janet,I am phobic. I fly only when I must. I am okay if I am by a window, otherwise I feel closed in. I have a hard time with MRI's and buildings without windows that I can't see out of. I was like this as a child. My Mother was the same way. I need wide open spaces. Coming to Idaho was so good for me, no sky high buildings in Nampa. So I understand, and I loved your page.
    We were 108 Saturday, was 97 today and going back up to over a 100 tomorrow. I want a juicer also. I love fruit and veggies and I think this would be perfect for me also.
    I keep thinking I will find a good buy. It is just too hot!
    Try to stay cool, hugs
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mornin', Janet! My friend swears that her Jack LaLanne juicer is the tops. She says that cleaning is a breeze. I was one of those that had one that took 30 minutes to clean it out and dry it!!
    About flying, I can fly, but don't like it! Seems that the AIR is the dread that I have, moreso. That stale air and no way to de-plane!! Lots of flu/colds contracted on flights...
    Love your page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY for you getting a juicer! It will make you feel absolutely great! I pretty much juice whatever I have around, but I do have my favorites.
    1. apple, carrot, celery, cucumber, beets, ginger
    2. apple, lemon, spinach (or kale), cucumber, celery
    If you look at flying from an artistic perspective and think about the clouds, shapes you see from up above and if you bring your journal to play in while flying - you might enjoy it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have an old juicer...sadly, it is up in the cabinet. It hasn't been used in a long time. I do use my blender almost every morning and make a breakfast drink. It has soy milk, bananas, frozen strawberries & blueberries, 1 tsp. cocoa powder, and whey protein powder. Hubby likes powdered ginger in his.
    Janet, I was looking at Flickr and your art called colorful art...I really like it...you could print some off and use them in your Journal pages...Great journal page, as usual!!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Janet
    I love Carrot juice and you can use the leftover pulp in carrot cake or bread. I linked to you from my blog today. Thanks for the lovely card.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Janet!
    WE "juice" sometimes with a Jack La Lane juicer, I love apple, carrot and some raw ginger together! Of course that leaves me wanting to bake carrot/apple muffins with the solid parts the juicer doesn't use! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!