Wednesday, July 08, 2009

The Secret is Out!!

Wow! I have so much to tell you today! First of all I received a wonderful blog award from Angela Recada a few days ago....



This is such a beautiful award....thank you so much, Angela. I went to the originator's blog and read what she had to say about this award...."I designed this award to celebrate art in the blogs and to honor the value of friendship, sisterhood, sharing and caring. It is to be awarded to the gifted, accomplished, eloquent and talented blogger whose friendship and influence inspire us to do our best. That I named it after Bella Sinclair is because she epitomizes all of these things. She is an inspiration to many of us.”

I feel so happy to receive such a wonderful award. I just love it.

********************************************

Over the past few months I've had a big secret! I was contacted by the beautiful and talented Julie and asked to participate in a very special, top-secret project. She, along with JeriAnn and Lisa were putting together a book for Michelle Ward. Michelle's sister died a year ago and the book would be a way of helping her through a difficult time.

Believe me, it was sooooo hard to keep this a secret! I think there were 39 artists who participated in this project and you know how hard it is to keep a secret with just one person let alone 39!! But somehow we did it. The book has now been delivered and you can read all about it on the links I've provided plus all the pictures are located here on flickr.

Here is the page I did....front



and back....



To say this was an honor and a privilege is putting it mildly! There are so many wonderful and extremely talented people who worked on this and I felt a little star struck when I read through all the names. Thank you, Julie, for including me in this project. And big hugs to Michelle at a very difficult time.

********************************************

And here are my lowly art journal pages after all that!

July 7:


July 8:


I'm still in the midst of my big clean up project at home so you might not see me around much for another day or so. Have a great day!!!!

29 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Congratulations. I didn't know about Michelle's sister. I send big hugs her way, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful. It makes me feel good all over to know that you are taking part in this. What a wonderful way to live your life and make a difference. Beautiful pages, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is a perfect award for you. And the book looks wonderful. Don't work too hard, but enjoy the clean house. Isn't it great when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an honor! Michelle will love it! As always, your work shines!

    I'm back from France and slowly catching up with blogs, so if I don't comment on everything, do know that I am looking, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work you've been doing!

    And you deserve this award so very much!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Janet. You are certainly deserving of the Bella Sinclair award.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! Janet I am so happy for you right now. What wonderful news - an award and now in print. This is great. It wounds like a very genuine outpouring of pure love that you are giving with the others.
    Your art is lovely as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the lovely award. How cool you were included in the book for Michelle. I remember when her sister died and everyone sent in pink socks. Love the journal pages.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your award, Janet....so deserving!

    What a beautiful gift for Michelle...I'm sure that she will treasure it.

    I'm so impressed with how well you are doing all your journal pages.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Janet --I was reading the story earlier on another blog not realising you were one of the contributors.
    Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet,

    That is a wonderful project to be part of. You did good.

    Thanks for the nice comments on my blog. Oh yes I have pre-registrered for Mary Ann's class, I wouldn't miss that.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful you were involved.
    I follow her blog also. You deserve the award and also for keeping that a secret..LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done, Janet. That is quite an honour and well deserved. I'm sure Michelle will be thrilled. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY! ClaP ClAp ! For both the award and your secret art project! I am thrilled for you . Yuo have come SOOoo far and are such a fabulous person and artist! Peace and Love, Sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the blog award! I can't think of anyone who deserves it more than you do! The pages you created for Michelle's book are just lovely, as are the ones for the 7th and 8th. I just love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well deserved! Love your new look! I need to update your name now! Love the new pages. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful award Janet, and well deserved. I love your page for Michell's book, great job. I looked at them altogether in a slide show. A nice show of talents.

    Your journal pages are looking really nice as a series.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful tribute gift to give. You absolutely deserve to be part of the participating group.

    I see that you have featured yourself on your banner. I love it. I did the same thing a couple of days ago. After a while, you just have to love who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on the award and being a part of a new book, you must be very proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. CONGRATULATIONs.....How really, really special, and so special that you took advantage of helping with the project~!! Beautiful work~!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations, Janet!! On both the well-deserved award and the book. I'm sorry to hear about Michelle's sister - but what a wonderful way to celebrate her life through art. Your pages are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Janet !

    It was such a great thing to be a part of helping Michelle through this tough part of her life without her sweet sister. Showering that extra love was indeed a pleasure !

    I am loving your journal pages ! Isn't a fantastic practice ? I don't get to one a day like you do though ! Awesome !
    Hope you are enjoying this lovely summer weekend !
    Cheers and thanks for the visit to my neck of the Blogland woods!

    ReplyDelete
  23. how exciting....
    I love michelle ward...I got to know her just a little bit when I picked her up at the airport last year and dropped her off at valley ridge for her workshop and after that was when her sister died and I sent her socks for the "sock project" she did in memory of her sister....

    so for you to have been able to keep this secret and be part of her wonderful book/cause all because of her sister...how fantastic !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats, Janet!! I have been to Michelle's blog and followed her art for the past few years. It was so sad for her sister. That is so awesome that you got to be in on the book and your pages were amazing! I also love your journal pages. Your art is so great!
    xoxoxooxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  25. So nice to read this Janet and your pages were wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations, Janet!! If ther's someone who deserves to be part of this beautiful project, it's you, you're so talented that it was just a matter of time to have it recognized! And I'd add Lavender Dreamer's words as mine too.

    Kisses & love from us.

    ReplyDelete
  27. PS: Oh, only now I noticed your awesome new blog layout!!! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a deserving recipient. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!