Thursday, August 27, 2009

Getting Stuck on the Artist's Date....

This must be my week for learning about myself because this morning while writing my pages I realized why the artist date is something I dread. Part of it is where I live. I'm not surrounded by museums, art galleries, or even cool thrift shops and antique shops. We live in an area with a lot of chain stores and restaurants but nothing really unique. It's basically plain and not very culturally stimulating!

That's problem #1....and then the date is supposed to be special because you spend the time alone with yourself and don't depend on someone else to entertain you. So here comes problem #2! Everything I do, I do alone! I don't know anyone around here so when I want to do something, I do it alone. The only exception is the weekends when HB is home. So I'm having a little bit of trouble getting excited about an artist date with myself when I spend all my time with myself already! I have to work on this one. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Today I got out and went to Michael's because I had a coupon for art supplies. I had previously looked at Michael's and Joann's (the only two places that carry anything resembling art supplies around here!) and neither one of them had black gesso. I had put it on the list of things to get from Dick Blick when I make my next order....but today I found a small bottle of it! I can't wait to try it out.

I used my coupon to get some paint, a few canvases, and the gesso. Now I just need to get busy and use them. August is almost over and I will not be doing the journal class with Kelly in September but I will continue to do my journal pages on my own. And I have some other things I've been working on that need to get finished up. I was hoping the weather would surprise me and cool off by then but I don't think so. We're expecting a high of 106ยบ today! I feel like a limp dishrag!

Here is my page for today....

Aug 27:


Have a peaceful day....