Followers

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Paper Art....

We're having little sprinkles of rain today!!! That usually doesn't happen here in the summer. It's a little gray and overcast....a welcome relief from the heat.

And this morning my back is feeling much better. I'm thinking of having HB take my books back to the library for me. Most of them were only for reference/pictures and I've found what I need. I don't want to take a chance of hurting my back again when I return the books. I can only take so much of this being lazy stuff and then I begin climbing the walls.

This morning I stopped in to thank one of my recent commenters, Marlene, and she had a link that I found absolutely incredible so I want to share it with you. If you like paper art, then be sure to go here....you will be amazed!

Scroll down through this page as there are several artists showing their work. I especially like the ones called Book Autopsies and there are some face sculptures that are incredible.

After looking at that paper art my little journal page isn't too exciting but here it is....

Aug 22:


And on that note, I'm out of here....I hope your weekend is a good one. Have some fun, laugh, play....forget your troubles.

13 comments:

  1. Yes! Isn't the paper art site great?!!! I have another one and when I get a chance I'll try to find the link ... among the thousands of links ... oh, my!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the link to the site, it was so amazing. To be able to do that must be mind boogling, you must have to have a steady hand. I love your page, and yes you are right, we complain but I often think about the people of the world who dont complain because there is no use, there is no one to help them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going over to take a look. Your journal page is great.
    Katelen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling better Janet! I used to love to swing too when I was little, and I so hope you enjoyed those bon-bons!!! LOL
    Will go check out that site you mentioned now.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, Janet,,I just read about your back. I sure can sympathize with you. I am having some major pain in my right side and abdomen and have to go have a ultrasound next Tuesday. They are thinking maybe kidney, just hoping its nothing serious. I hope your back is feeling better! Glad you got a little cooling rain. Try to rest and DON'T PICK UP ANY THING HEAVY!!! :-)
    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. That paper site is awesome, each one takes my breath away. I do love the skeletons, and Elsa Mora is one of my fav. paper cutters.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. I think we are getting closer to solving the mystery of the dizzy dame! I feel better today. Glad your back is recovering...NO more heavy lifting, ya hear??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your back is mending nicely. I think my ears are and the dizziness will stay gone. I hate not feeling 100%, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to the paper art site..oh my goodness.
    Love your page...yes, "we do have a wonderful life." I am sure others complain about things too. Everthing could be perfect and I would find a fly in my soup!!!
    You know what I mean??
    Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is some amazing paper art, thanks for sharing it with us.
    I really like the woman's image in your journal page. HB taking the books back for you sounds like a good idea - what would we do without those sweet guys? Hope your back is feeling much better soon, and that you've had a good weekend!
    (though they forecast a possibility of it, we never did get any rain down here, darn)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That paper art is something else. I saw the link at Marlene's.

    Janet I love your work. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome journal page Janet. I'm glad you passed on the link to the paper art, everyone should have the opportunity to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad your back is feeling a little better, but certainly dont go taking those books back yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!