Followers

Friday, September 25, 2009

And the Winner Is....

No, I haven't been recovering from all the celebrating on my birthday! And I didn't fall into a hole somewhere either. I just needed a little break for a few days. I've been really pushing myself to do art every day since the beginning of this year and I just needed some time to goof off....and that's what I did!

I have barely been in the studio the past couple of days! I did do some background painting on some pages in my new art journal and I clipped a few images from magazines but overall I have just been being lazy!

I have so many things coming up and, of course, believe it or not, Christmas is looming on the horizon! Every year I think I'll start early but I don't so maybe this year will be the exception. I'm at least thinking about it!!

Now on to my drawing. I looked at my comments from the giveaway post....there were 34 but two people left two comments each so I put the number at 32 and entered it into the random generator thingie....



Number four is the winner and that is Maureen! Be sure to email me your address, Maureen and let me know if there is a specific color you'd like me to use for the cover of your journal. I haven't made it yet and I'm waiting for some of the supplies which are on back order until the end of this month but I'll get it made as soon as possible. Thanks to everyone who participated and left me birthday messages.

I received so many emails, ecards, regular snail mail cards, and messages from facebook, and all the ning sites on my birthday....I was completely overwhelmed! Plus I also had cards and phone calls from my family, too. I had a great day. Thank you all for making it special.

Also, since I don't really have enough classes (!!!) HB gave me another one for my birthday! He said I could choose any class I wanted. I decided to purchase a class from Monica Zuniga....I chose "In My Garden." I love her art and am looking forward to doing this class with her. At this point I have only downloaded the videos. Haven't watched them yet. I have so many things going on right now I think I'll save this one for later on. Monica is very generous and offers her classes at 50% discount if you purchase them on your birthday! You must be a member of her ning site and register your birthday ahead of time but I think that's a terrific little gift.

Ok, I think that's all the stuff I have for today. Sorry, no art! But check back because I'm getting antsy to get back into the studio so I'm sure there will be something to show you soon.

Have fun today....TGIF!!!

12 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winner! And that's a neat gift of a class! You'll enjoy that! Have a nice Friday! Mine didn't start well...but it's getting better! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did have a great Birthday:)and HB knows what you like!!!!
    I am doing a walk through Nampa, Idaho on my blog. Just for fun.
    They say this is our last really warm day. It is going to get cold, Idaho cold, you probably would not like. I gotta find my box of coats and warm socks soon.
    Love, mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I certainly missed a lot! First of all, I want to wish you a belated Happy Birthday!!!!! You certainly deserve some time off, since just reading your list of all the things you're doing made me tired.
    :0)
    And congratulations to the lucky winner!

    I hope you have a terrific weekend!

    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the winner!

    Wow, I just took a look at Monica’s classes and I think I may take one
    as well. Wish it was my birthday, 50% off is great.

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Maureen!

    Thanks (I think) for another Ning group! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the winner! I'm glad you had a great birthday. I love Monica's art, too, and it doesn't surprise me at all that she would do something so generous. How sweet of HB!! Yay for good husbands. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rats! I missed you birthday. :-( I am sending you a very belated Happy Birthday wish! I hope this year is your best ever and you get to do all you want and you continue to create, create, create!!!!
    I'm off to read the posts I missed by being out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to Maureen! And to you, because that's just a fabulous gift. What a fine good guy you have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to Maureen. Glad your birthday went so well and your Hubby has great taste in gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loooking forward t osee what evolves frome your new class! Yay for Maureen...! I went to Mystele's site and saw her pulled art....AWESOME ' ps: Our heat wave is continuing for the next few weeeeeks..aieeee.okay i am not complaining. It is still better than a dreary winter anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kudos to you for taking some time off...that's a good thing to do sometimes! I'll have to check out Monica's classes now...I can't make up my mind which class to pick first from my already growing list. Cheers!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, dearest. I know your blog is tag free, but I couldn't help ginving you an award today, whenever you feel like it, take a look at my page!

    Kisses from us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!