Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Getting Back in the Groove....

Since Monday was a holiday it's sure thrown me off track this week! I'm a day behind! But here it is Wednesday already and I'm trying to get back into my routine so I have another old photo for the September photo album. Since I showed you "my" horse previously, this photo seemed appropriate....


That's my dad holding onto Halfpint and my grandpa is on the edge of the photo with another horse....probably Halfpint's mama. Apparently I named the horse after some other animal named Halfpint but I don't remember it. I vaguely remember being at the ranch when the horse was born but it was a loooong time ago!

I've always liked horses. The last time I rode was way back when we still lived in Colorado. My friend had horses that she had boarded so we went out to ride them. Long story short, the horses were loose out in the open so we had to find them first! When we finally did they were in an area we couldn't drive to so we walked in. We weren't able to carry the saddles so when we got to the horses we rode them bareback. My friend told me to be sure and tell all my friends that I rode an Arabian bareback. She seemed to think that was impressive.

********************************************

I've been collaging some pages for a book I'm doing in Julie's class. Here are a couple of the ones I've finished....




I have several more to do but it takes me a long time. Julie said she did all of hers in 3 hours!! It takes me about that long to do one page!! They are collaged on both sides.

********************************************
And here's my journal page for today....

Sept 9:


Since I didn't do any pages for several days I might try to make some extras and "fill" in those missing pages. But for now I'm doing good to be back in the swing of things!

I hope you have a very auspicious day today....09/09/09!

6 comments:

  1. I'm getting caught up blog visiting after being away for a week. I have enjoyed looking at your B&W photos. I told you we coulda been cousins, some of those photos of you look a lot like I did at that age. Guess it must just have been the times. I like your collaged pages and the 09-09-09 one too. I'm still working on mine for today, I'm multi-tasking so I keep getting sidetracked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helloooooo!! And, my apologies for not coming to visit as regularly as I have been! Seems the Holiday bogged me down, too. I am getting into the swing of things somewhat..Posted at the 3 blogs, anyway! Love the older photos, they are priceless. And, you collage pages are colorful and cool....Your journal page is the favorite with me, as I am a Numerologist! Great post, today, as always~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's just something about little girls and horses (or big girls and horses) ... a love that never goes away! I'm thinking about sitting down and collaging pages for the book. Journal page is grand -- looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've enjoyed reading your posts with your childhood photos. Brings back memories of some of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pages, and the picture of your Dad and Grandpa with the horses. Jenny would be glad to know that others support her.
    Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet colt! Hard to believe she grew so big! And your pages are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!