Thursday, September 10, 2009

More Family Photos....

Today for the September photo album I have two photos to show you....and once again they are from my dad's family. I will be doing more from my mom's side in a few days. The first picture is, from left to right (back) my uncle, my grandpa and grandma and my dad almost hidden, and in the front are my dad's twin sisters.



That one poor little scraggly tree in the background looks so pathetic. And I love that everyone is wearing a hat. Grandma looks as if she might have borrowed one of grandpa's!



This is my grandma holding the twins when they were babies. They were named Marcille and Lucille but were forever known as Mark and Luke! They were identical twins, grew up to be very tiny women....not even 5' tall, and one was a city gal and the other remained a country gal.

********************************************

My art journal page today took a little different approach. Since I've been doing so many collaged pages for the book I'm making, I decided to do a collaged page in my journal. I love doing collages....all the layers, all the things that don't seem to go together but in the end they do. I think I could be happy doing collages for a long time....and I have enough paper and images to last! Off topic, but have any of you seen that A&E program called "Hoarders"....I always thought I might be a hoarder until I watched that show. I am nowhere near that bad!! Although I am rather compulsive about saving paper! Anyway, here's my page for today....

Sept 10:


I have my book supplies ordered so I should be able to finish my books and have something to show you in a few days. I have two blank book blocks made and also the collaged book so there will be photos soon.

Have a great day!!

21 comments:

  1. I like your collage journal page so much. The link you gave to Jeanie's post about collage last week was much appreciated! Life is collage and the page you have there seems to have beauty emerging from some very rich soil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma is a lot like me!!! LOL I wear Grandpa's hat, it's on my etsy pic!!! hehe I've been thinking twins because I have some Halloween twins I made and can't find them!!! UG!!! I'll probably be making some more! uh, I think i AM a hoarder and I want to break the cycle!!! LOVE old pics Janet!!LOVE YOU!!!I haven't collaged in so long, been thinking of that too! GO Girly, GO!!! @----> Here's a rose I picked for YOU! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. @------> this one won't be broken! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Twins! And I bet there was no IVF or anything else to get them! My great grandmother had twins, but they didn't live past about 1 year. She had 12 live births and 9 survived. My grandmother died last year at 95. Of the original 9, 3 are still living.
    Love the journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet.....great collage page. Love the colors.
    Yes, I have watched Hoarders...those people are "over the top", how can anyone live like that. There's a BIG difference between hoarding and collecting, We are collectors...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. About your pictures, they are wonderful and the people within are all dressed to "the nines", so they say...Hats and all! Your show 'Hoarders", I did a posting at my blog on that very subject a little while back...
    Your page, as always, is eye candy~! Love the rose...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love looking at family photos!!!
    twins!
    your collage pages shown
    are beautiful
    ironing the ribbon
    :)...making the book board!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photos Janet--you must hav a trunk full of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. collage is always a great thing for me to do when I feel blocked...I also have a ton of papers and images! , Love the vintage photos . I used to enjoy going through old pics my grandma had in an old hatbox.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the twins on her knee! How precious these old photos are! Love your pages, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, just wanted to thank you for sharing your photo's, they bring back memories of my own childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:15 PM

    they all wore hats in those days didnt they and drssed up for photos... thanks for sharing your precious memories with us all here again Janet! love the collage too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous7:15 PM

    ps that last comment was from me - Winterwood!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh i so love seeing old photos~i love the idea of the history behind them, the people and who they were and what their lives were like. thank you for letting us see these :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the hats!
    Your collage pages are very cool, Janet. I like the way all the different layers and textures look together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your old pictures and that page is lovely.
    Whenever I see any old pictures in antique shops and thrift places, I want to take them home. I'm often reminded of the Asian/Buddhist belief that photos steal a little of the persons soul. I think Native Americans had the same thought. Really, when you think about it, it's hard not to feel like they contain a small part of the person and I think that's what makes them even more precious. Looking at them, you instantly want to know more about the person. Like Mark & Luke. Fascinating, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the old pics,,and your collage journal page is a beauty. I don't think I am a full blown hoarder as I couldn't stand it. But I do hoard me some artsy stuff,,ha!
    xoxoxoox
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seeing these photos is such a treat. I just love the images you choose. And those hats rock!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those hats are great. I love the photos from when everyone wore them. The collage journal page is very striking. Sometimes I do think I am a hoarder...of art supplies, since I can't find stuff most of the time. I will have to check out that show and see if I really am. Didn't Delta Burke go into some kind of treatment for that disorder a year or so ago? I wonder if she recovered.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the twins! haha, I had to laugh at your Hoarders comment. I think a lot of us who have art supplies lying about are watching that show. But yes, it is quite a disease and quite sad. Oh, I think my mom had some of that. When we cleaned out her house in Arlington, I think she had saved every box anybody mailed her something in hiding in the basement. It was a mess! Ew. Oh well. At least she was an old woman.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!