Friday, September 04, 2009

Some of This and A Little of That....

If you're following me here, you may notice that I haven't mentioned my progress on The Artist's Way lately. I always do this when I'm in a book group! I read at my own pace which isn't always the same as the group and then I get confused about when to post about what. So here's my quickie report....morning pages are still sporadic but coming along. Last week I did have an artist's date at Barnes & Noble. I probably shouldn't do my dates there as I always find things to buy!! And I wrote my "I Am From" poem as part of my identity search. I have decided that if I were to pick one thing to define me it would be books! Who'da thunk it?

********************************************

Here's today's picture for the September Photo Album....be sure and catch the goofy look on my face! I must have been saying something when they snapped the picture!



This is me on "my" horse, Half-Pint. This is my rancher grandpa....a very small man in stature but a huge man otherwise. He is my connection to England as he was born in Flamborough, Yorkshire. The horse was considered mine as it was born one year when we were there for a visit and Grandpa let me name it and he said whenever I came to visit that it was mine to ride. Ha! Tell that to my mom who kept me under her watchful eye, sitting on a shelf in a clean dress most of the time!

I promise that all the September Album won't be just me! I do have other photos to share.

********************************************

Yesterday I said I was going to make a book....I didn't get it finished yet. I got side-tracked and as HB says "that never happens!" But I do have something to show for my creative day, and the book should be ready by tomorrow.

I was going through my finished journal and found a couple of very old pages that I wasn't happy with so out came the black gesso (I love that stuff) and then a new face appeared....I'm cheating a little and using her for my page today because I love her.

Sept 4:


HB thought she has a Jamaican look. I don't know who she is but she's definitely exotic! I wasn't able to spray paint the stencil on her head so it isn't as good as it could be but I like it anyway.

Now I'm off to work on the book....again! TGIF so make it a good one. Smile, play, and have fun.

19 comments:

  1. It looks like you are already saying WHOA! heehee! I love it! Have a wonderful Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet...I absolutely love your lady painting. I agree with your husband, she does look Jamaican or even African. She's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you love the page! She is great! Loved the photo of you on the pony. Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Janet~!! Just me, from Bucket List~! I believe all young ladies have a picture of us on a pony~!! And, you lady looks a little like Jamaican or could be a New Orleans lady from a shop...HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND...See you Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonjour... love your art today ! She is very exotic! Please send me some of your creative energy! ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is very exotic looking, I love her......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic art today - lots of personality! Are the fires leaving you alone? have been thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your lady..Have a great weekend.
    Katelen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet,

    Thanks so much for posting the cool picture of you and your grandpa. I love your art - you know that - but I also love getting to know the other side of you. I'm starting to post some "stories of me". I did one Tuesday and will do one tomorrow. Love those old photos. I guess by the comments on my blog I am lucky to have mine(but wish I had more - LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your expression is priceless! And look at all that hair! Very cute. I like your attitude for doing The Artist's Pages. Whatever works for you is exactly how you should approach it. It is, after all, for you that you are doing it, right?
    Hope your weekend isn't too smokey.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are doing Artist Way. Know what you mean about Barnes & Nobles.Love that store! I am going to a great used book store today.
    That's fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that photo. Old photos cannot be beat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janet,

    I keep meaning to post about the Artist Way and I still haven't. Its going well for me. I will do it soon I hope.
    Too much distraction lately.
    Great painting.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. Followed you over to here and so glad I did - your picture of you and your grandfather made my heart smile! Love, me

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you visit my blog Flamblogger you will see a little of the village where your grandfather came from -- Flamborough, East Yorkshire. I have literally hundreds of photos of this very small fishing and farming village.

    ReplyDelete
  16. SHe is so you, Janet...just love how you are adding more layers to your ladies now.
    I rode horses as a girl and owned one for a few years as a teen. They were my passion. Love that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's me again. I just wanted to let you know I left you an award on my latest post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute Cowgirl! And I Love the Jamaican Lady too! I hope that fire and smoke hurry up and get out of your area. I am sure your tired of staying inside. HOpe you have had a great Labor Day week-end!
    xoxooxxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun that must have been to have a horse of your 'own' - even if only part time! Your drawing is lovely, Janet. Hope you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!