Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Caution: Photo Overload!!!

Hi everyone! Are you all being very creative? Do you have projects stacked up to the sky like I do? I decided to make myself a list so I wouldn't forget the "couple of things" I have going on right now....did I say couple of things?!! When I started writing them down I was surprised at how many there are.

Now the question is, will I be able to finish them all! Most likely NO....but the ones I've promised, like swaps and giveaways and such, those will get done for sure.

This morning I finished putting together my Gut Art book. I left many of the pages fairly plain as we will be building on all these pages later on. A couple of people have asked me about how the book is put together so I'm including LOTS of photos today. If you get bored just skip them!


This is the front cover again. I added three puzzle pieces to it because this whole journey of Gut Art is a puzzle for me to figure out. And you can see that I'm just using craft paints on this. It's all an experiment/discovery/journey so I don't see any need to use the "good" stuff right now.


This is inside the front cover....I might do more to it....just not sure right now. You can also see a rather messy page covered with black gesso. That's some red rosin paper that I had started to paint on but didn't finish so it went into the book.


This just shows a page with scraps of paper collaged....only the beginning! The other page is painted but will probably change over the course of the class. You can see I've used pages of all different sizes.


More of the same....


More collage and the page on the right is the back cardboard from a stencil package I bought. If you look closely at the top you can see the hole where it hung on the rack! If it's paper I save e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!!!!!


This is one of my favorite pages....I like how it looks frosted.


The little page is more red rosin paper....a long piece that was left over from something else.


Here it is unfolded....it's fairly long so I folded it up from each end.


Some of these pages are just where I painted off leftover paint from some other page or project.


Some are bits and pieces of stencil experiments from the class I took with Mary Ann Moss.


More stencil fun and a bit of map showing underneath.

Ok, that's it....I didn't show you the entire book but I think you can get an idea of what I did. And I just tied it together with some twine I had in the studio. I may change that out for something else later on but for now it works just fine.

Now why don't you make a book and see what you discover about yourself! Have fun and remember to smile at someone today. It makes you feel better and it brightens someone else's day....and it's so easy!

8 comments:

  1. Okay, that is just plain AWESOME!!!!!! Oh my gosh! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your work in progress! Very impressive! Love the splashes of color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed...make books!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Janet--and I'm smiling at you

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just wonderful! I love how all the different pages come together.
    You ARE one busy artist!
    (I have just remembered that I need to make a b'day card for my MOM!!! Time to head for the studio!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I do have stuff stacked every where. Today I cleaned my craft room. what a mess. I love this book, and you know I love everything you do. As soon as I get done with Bazaar it will be great. Maybe I can get into some other things.
    Thank you for the comment on my little story. Cotton was very much apart of my childhood. You see, my other Grandparents on my fathers side had 40 ac of cotton. They were share croppers. But that is the great thing about California, you can grow anything.
    Big Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really enjoyed seeing this "work in progress" Thanks for being such a good inspiration and an encourager, lets have fun, make a book, or two , or three, ????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. When you get into this book making stuff it just grows and grows and I really like how the Gut Art books go together. YeeeeeHaaaaaw!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!