Thursday, October 01, 2009

I'm CRAZY.... But It's So Much Fun!!!

For this month of October you may not see me post as regularly as usual. It isn't because I've lost interest but rather because I have so many things going on! And I may not be visiting very much either....but you know I'll always make it around to see you when I can.

Today Mystele's class began plus I'm also taking another class that I haven't mentioned....I'm going to attempt the photo art journaling class offered here! I know! You don't have to say it....I'm CRAZY! I still have Julie's class that won't be finished until some time later this month and now I'm taking on two more classes!

All I can say in my defense is, I'm retired, I have no kids at home, it's just me and HB and our two cats so I don't have a lot of commitments other than my art. And since this is my year to grow I'm doing my best to live up to that word.

I decided to try the photo art journaling class because I love art journals and this will give me a whole different perspective to work from. I may not participate very much in the online discussions because photography isn't my strong point but I'm sure I'll learn some interesting stuff.

And since we're on the subject of art journals....here are a couple of pages.

Sept 30:

This one isn't finished....I'll probably add some more journaling and maybe something else but for now this is where it is. I painted the face on red rosin paper quite awhile ago but didn't like the background so I cut her out and glued her to this page. I was writing about how I wish we could "paint" our faces with all kinds of colors and not be limited to "this is for eyes and this is for lips" thinking. I would love to see very colorful faces all around me....and why stop at faces? We could paint our bodies in whatever colors appealed to us that day. Talk about a mood ring! We could have mood bodies!!! I know....see comment above (I'm CRAZY!!!)

Oct 1:


I love these colors! I've been recording the PBS series on national parks and while watching the first one about Yosemite and Yellowstone I kept noticing these colors. I wanted to use them on a page....and when I finished this I realized I had already used these colors in the pulled art piece with blue flowers I did last week! The "8" has no significance other than in real life it's the same color but fades out in the scan.

Ok, I'm off to the studio to begin my classes. Wish me luck! I hope you have something to do today that sparks your imagination. Have some fun....and use some crazy colors on something.

17 comments:

  1. I had planned to do more photography for October so the class seems like a good idea. I just joined too! I love online classes. You can learn anything at your own rhythm! It's great!

    I love the colourful face in your journal. Looks like you had fun creating her.

    *hugs*
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Go get 'em, sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GGrrrrr....you're so smart! I should have recorded those PBS shows! I didn't even think about it! Love your pages...crazy is good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like crazy, it is one of my favorite moods. I do my best when I am just a little manic.
    You are taking me back to when Goldie Hawn would paint flowers and stuff all over her body and dance. I thought it would be fun to put a big Sun Flower on my face, maybe someone would notice me at the market.
    I should join some classes this winter, there is so much I would love to learn. Have a wonderful time. Thank you for walking through town with Arney and I. And if you get just one minute, please go peek at the charm I just finished.
    Have Lots Of Fun, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with all your classes! You are one of my favorite "crazy" people - and I love crazy! Love the pages, too!

    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes you are a busy girl, we retirees have time, no kids, just us, we earned it. Well I just might take a look at that class you are taking. I have not made any of Julies journals yet, But I have tried the painting etc. I am enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sound of the photo journalling class... really appeals, sort of 'arty' and not scrap booky...good mix. Seriously thinking of playing along with you!

    I LOVE your coloured face and it is lovely to have bright, colourful faces surrounding us. Wonderful journal pages!

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll miss your posts, but I totally understand. It's nice that you are able to devote so much time to your art. I wish I had the same opportunity to do things for me, but, alas, now is not that time. Love your pages and I look forward to seeing what new stuff you are up to, when you get a chance to post. I'll be waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet - wee just had the series Yellowstone here on the tv too...what a lovely show and yes the colours - AMAZING!!! nothing like it here I'm afraid and thats why watching it I saw stuff I would never see here! oh to live in a place like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janet...I signed up for Mystele's class. What I've seen of it, I like very much. You are going to be one very busy lady this month. I like the journal pages you posted, especially the colorful woman one. Tomorrow is my last day at school, yipee...more time to spend on my art!
    Cheers,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES! Oh, I am so happy you are doing this class! It will be great fun for you. And, sometimes it's good to be "crazy"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's good to be crazy - have lots of fun. Love the face and expressive eyes of the colourful woman you have drawn shown here from your journal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you're having fun - then that's the right kinda crazy!
    It would be kinda fun to see everyone painted. When we were teens, my bff & I used these Mary Quant face 'crayons' to paint our faces, dressed all wacky and went to the park. We had a blast that day & still reminisce about it every now & then.
    Have you seen the video of the Omo tribe? They paint their faces so beautifully and accessorize with nature - they're amazing. If you haven't seen it yet, I think Steph - Rodrigivitzstyle has the video on her blog sometime in August, I think - but you could probably just google 'Omo tribe on youtube' to see it. It's so cool...
    Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Janet ~ you are my hero and someone I look up to as I am 14 years behind you and want to be just like you when I grow up! Honestly you are doing exactly what I want to do NOW!!! I have 9 more years until my retirement but until then I will look at you, your art and all that you are doing! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds wonderful, Janet. Enjoy every minute of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like your pages. I can't wait to hear (and see) all about Mystele's class. I think she's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. glad I found your blog!! look forward to visiting again:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!