Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Quick Little Painting....

My nice autumn weather is gone. Replaced with temps in the 90's today! I know I shouldn't be unhappy about that when some of you are dealing with rain and snow and very cold temps....and in the grand scheme of things I'll still take this heat over your cold! But, oh, how I love those mild autumn days. Hopefully they will return soon although I think it might be awhile. Maybe by the end of this month.

In the meantime I've been playing a bit in the studio....not as much as before though. With HB here all the time it does make a difference in how I spend my time. I don't get as much play time as I did before....so my art has slowed down a lot.

I managed to pull another little quick painting today. This is in my Gut Art book. I did a background using the colors of autumn....


This picture was taken in the studio with my camera and the colors aren't true. The finished picture I scanned and I think the colors are better on it....



I didn't spend a lot of time on this one. Just saw the woman and quickly painted her in. I've found that when I look for some pulled art, if I see something right away then I can't see anything else. It's as if it's embedded in my brain! I didn't particularly like this face but it was all I could see. Her eye is weird and she has a pointy nose but that's what I saw so I went with it.

I plan to play more this afternoon. I hope you're having a fun weekend....

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful art as always Janet
    hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gem pointed nose and all. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. I love how you can paint a background and then "see" a shape and pull it out. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss that cool autumn weather so much too! But I know we're basically pretty blessed with good weather - and I certainly wouldn't want the cold and snow.
    Glad you're still getting some art fun time in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually I really like her just the way she is..sort of muted and mystical. I could see her in the before painting! I love this twchnique..I'll post more lateron. WE got a coolfront! It was 49 degrees this morning! Woww!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is very cool and I am still going to try this technique one of these days. I am having trouble focusing on one thing lately and I am all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't write a legible check and look what comes out of the tips of your fingers...oh, my, do I envy you☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janet!
    Oh my so chilly here but actually prefer over 90 degree weather! Keeps me more motivated and happy to be home all snug and warm. I know what you mean about hubby's at home...mine teaches at the University but only has a two day schedule and works at home the rest of the time. I LOVE those two days of having the house to myself!!! Silly, but true...
    Keep playing my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hot here all weekend too. It is milder than it was in full summer though so I'm liking it. After I saw the painting you did I went back and sure enough she was hiding in that background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I had a fraction of you talent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!