Thursday, October 08, 2009

She Heard the Drums in the Distance....

All I can say is I wish each and every one of you could take this class with Mystele! I'm learning so much about myself and we've only just started! If you're looking for a step-by-step class of how she does her paintings, don't bother. That isn't what she's doing here. We're discovering our own style....our own voice.

I was inspired by something I saw in class and I immediately had to paint. I opened my Gut Art book again and chose to work on one of my favorite pages. This is a rough sketch of what I saw....



I hope you can see my sketch. And here's my woman after I painted her....



The photo is a little dark but I think you can see what I did. I love this ethnic, tribal, painted-face look. It sort of incorporates my love of zentangles, and designs, with painting....although I haven't mastered the art of painting details yet! Some of my colors don't show up as bright as I'd like and I can't seem to be as neat with a paintbrush as I am with a pen. But I love her anyway....