Monday, December 28, 2009

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things....

I'm baaack!! And feeling pretty darn good, too. HB and I had a quiet Christmas just the two of us. I had phone calls and cards and letters from all my kids and grandkids so I was happy. HB baked a ham (for himself!) and we had au gratin potatoes and asparagus for dinner at our new dining room table. It was our first meal on it.

Now I'm ready to get back into doing some art! We're going to start taking down the trees today. I usually wait a little longer but this year I want everything done and put away by New Year's Day. I want to hit the ground running....I'll have three classes going by then and I'll need all my concentration to be on art.

And speaking of art, I've acquired quite a few new books and magazines over the past month or so. I have read through some of them while I was sick but not all....



I got these (above) earlier in the month and have pretty much gone through them.



These are the latest additions and I've only skimmed through them. So many books, so little time!! And speaking of books, I've noticed several people doing reading challenges for 2010. I haven't ever done one but I do keep track of the books I read and this year I've read 50 books. That doesn't include any art books....just novels and such.

*******************************************

Yesterday I began playing in the studio for the first time in weeks. It felt good. I worked on some of the pages for Mary Ann's class called Remains of the Day. Here are some pics of what I've done so far....we're making a scrappy journal.





These pages are waiting for more stuff to be added. We were supposed to begin with the cover but being the rebel that I am, I started with the pages! This is going to be a fun class!! I sure made a heck of a mess in my studio though! I was pulling out paper and books from everywhere....things were flying and I was laughing and grabbing more! I'm sure you can picture it!!

I'll leave you with a calmer picture....these are our two kitties relaxing on their sadly disintegrating "condo"....they like to sit/lay here and look out the window. That's LuLu at the top and Harley on the lower shelf.



That's about all I have for today. I'm trying to get back into blogging and doing art so I hope you'll hang in there with me....

24 comments:

  1. Oh Yeah ! I just love being first..Sooo glad your back, it looks like the journal will be a fun thing to do. I am teaching myself my Elements 7, that is a scary thought, Today I am posting my first attempt at it, check it out if you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! I'm so pleased that you're well and happy and full of get-up-and-go! I look forward to seeing your newest work. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mixed media book one caught my eye what was your rating of it ?? Glad you are felling better and me to- I am ready to hit the road running !!! But I saved the clean up I just did not decorate in the first place took the lazy way out .... tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet....so glad to hear that you're feeling better. Good luck on all your new art classes.

    I LOVE THE PICTURE OF YOU CATS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you're back in the swing of things. I love the art books too, and magazines. Sometimes when I feel blocked, I just look through them and they always help me, BUT I have way too many, and how cute are those cats?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way Lulu's tail curls into the middle of the part that she is laying on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are feeling better Janet. The journal already looks awesome. New books what fun, I love books! Looking forward to watching your progress through your new classes. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great to hear you are better now and full of energy! I'm looking forward to seeing all your artsy creations in the new year. Books and magazines are a fantastic way to get the creative juices flowing, aren't they?

    OH, and how cute your cats look resting on their condo ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm happy to see you posting and making art plans and sharing how many books you've read! You always inspire me! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back! Glad to hear you are well. Stay that way!!!!!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pages are looking great! I need to get busy on mine. I had some of my papers out and had to put them away because we had company for Christmas. Enjoy your classes!
    Peace,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is great that you are feeling good again...no more sick!!!!
    I can hardly wait to see all that you are and will be doing.
    I am thinking Journal, but not sure about content...we will see. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Janet,
    Love the class you are taking...almost makes me want to dive right in with you!!! Sounds like a lot of fun...I sure have a ton of scraps around here!!!!
    Glad you feel GOOD and MOTIVATED!
    Enjoy and Happy New YEar!!! xoxobetzie

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy your feeling well and full of inspiration. I know what you mean about the decorations. I'm sorry to say I can't wait to put everything away. After a while it just looks like a big jumble and makes me crazy.
    Besides, I can't get into my sewing room until I'm cleared away with this stuff......sigh

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can tell, you sound well and yes I can picture your studio becoming a happy place again with stuff pulled out and every where.
    Happy New Year!
    PS I'm impressed witht he number of books that you read last year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you are feeling better and able to get cracking again on the art stuff. Your pages look great. I did a few yesterday and it was going well until I tried to sew something too heavy and broke a needle. After errands today I will get back to it, since I already made a mess on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Janet

    Yes, I have been a bit AWOL. Didn't go anywhere and didn't really do a lot. I guess I've just been busy resting! Anyway, I am happy to hear you are recovered from your sickness and that you had a nice Christmas. I cannot wait to see all your new creations from your 3 classes.

    Happy, Happy New Year to you and your hubby!

    Hugs,
    Tamerie

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have got some good reads there!!
    I have not picked up the new Art Journaling magazine yet, can't wait to get my hands on it!!

    Your pages for MA class look terrific. I am waiting to start after the holidays. I am not much of a sewer, but I do own a machine. I think I will have to pull out the instructions to just thread the stinkin thing again!!

    Wishing you many blessings this coming Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad you enjoyed the holidays Janet, and that you are feeling better.
    It sounds like you have a lot in the works for 2010.
    I shall enjoy coming by and seeing the results.
    I wish you health, happiness and inspiration for 2010!
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad you're feeling better! And have lots of fun art stuff to read about and do. Wishing you a happy, healthy New Year filled with all you love!

    ReplyDelete
  21. happy new year to you and Hb Janet, and all the very best! glad youre feeling better too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whhoo, isn't it good to be feeling GOOD again?!! ~~ And just look at that batch of reading material! - Looks like you'll be busy with all of that for awhile.

    Can't wait to see your new Art!! ~

    Wishing you All the Best for 2010 ~~

    L.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Janet
    You always inspire me. Love coming here to see you and your art always.
    Sending wishes for a beautiful new year! Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been so far behind reading blogs, I confess I didn't realize you had been sick and am glad to hear you have turned the corner, are doing well and as you titled this, "Getting Back into the Swing of Things!" I, too, am reading lots (the bookstack has grown this season!).

    And, on another post you shared your beautiful new dining room! WOW! I'm stressed to have more than six -- I'm a wee tad envious!

    Welcome back to the world, my friend. Your Christmas sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!