Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Little Bit of Decorating....and Fellin' Yucky!

I know I said I was making Christmas cards this year but guess what? I never got them finished!! So you may not get a card from me this year. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm just not feelin' the Christmas spirit at all. And then to top it off I came down with a killer head cold last night and can't breath at all today. I've been in bed until just a few minutes ago and after I post this I'm heading back.

I took a couple of pictures last night before the bug hit me. This is what HB has done....


I was standing in the dining room when I took the photo above. Then I turned around and took a picture of the window in the dining room....


These aren't the best pictures but you can get an idea of what he's done. We have that big archway between the living room and dining room with the open area above and then the window across the room matches with its arched window. It looks so pretty from the street because you can see straight through from the window above the double doors.

OK that's all I have right now. I'm taking my stuffy nose upstairs and having another nap.

13 comments:

  1. I never send Christmas cards. I'm just terrible. Your decorations look so pretty. HB is doing great! I hope your cold goes away quickly. That's no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really must be related! I woke up with a nasty cough and cold. I say ENOUGH! I am working on my cards after my nap.... Your home looks lovely. I love how you decorated the arch. Take care friend. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tree and the window. Hope you start to get better soon. Do not worry about Christmas cards. I do not send them out either.
    Katelen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:49 PM

    oh no - hope youre feeling better soon! a head cold shouldnt last too long!

    Winterwood

    ReplyDelete
  5. HB is very creative too. I love what he has done.
    Not sick!!!!!!!!! Drink lots of good tea, and rest. Be well Dear Janet. I made card, but have not managed to sign them and put them in the mail, out of control!
    Merry and Bright

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tree looks amazing, Janet. Well done, HB!
    I hope you're feeling better soon. I suppose it's better to be ill well before Christmas than suffer through the holiday. I imagine that your low spirits have been caused by the onset of this cold. Have a hug. {{}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, Janet! I love the archway window--your husband did a great job. I hope you're feeling better today!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Janet, feel better soon. The decor looks lovely.Forget the cards, next year comes round soon enough. My cards are still lying unfinished on the hall table. Yesterday I gave up and ran away from home. Truly I did...I needed a change of scenery, and I hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get better soon! I order a hot toddy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the lights on the tree Janet--HB sure lights up your life doesn't he.
    Feel better soon my friend I am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yuck indeed!! ~~ Do get to feeling better, and blast the cards ~ If those people are your friends, they'll understand if the things arrive late...Me, I haven't sent cards in ages!

    By the way, the decorating looks wonderful! Good Job!! HB!!

    L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janet, don't you worry about cards...there's always next year. I barely managed to get my overseas cards out in time either.

    The tree looks lovely! Well done to HB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your house looks adorable, Janet! So bright!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!