Friday, December 11, 2009

What I Love About the Holiday Season....

Kate had a list of some of her favorite things about the Christmas season so I thought I'd do one. Maybe that will get me in the spirit of things!

So here goes, in no particular order....just how they come to mind....

Seeing all the lights and decorations on houses in the neighborhood and around town

Chilly evenings with a fire in the fireplace



Cookies and candy and all the other yummies....did I mention I have a sweet tooth?!!

The soft glow of the Christmas tree in an otherwise dark room

Candles flickering everywhere

Baking....I hate to cook but love to bake. It's that sweet tooth thing again!



Christmas cards arriving in the mail and then displayed on the mantel

"It's a Wonderful Life"....I try to watch this movie every year

Christmas carols....my favorite is "Oh, Holy Night" but I don't like hearing them before Halloween!

Having my family here when it's possible

Wrapping presents and putting fancy bows on them. I love making packages look pretty and special



Seeing all those packages under the tree

Finding just the right gift for someone

Parties....we went to a party on Tuesday evening. Lots of food, music, raffles and giveaways, and a reason to get out of my jammies, comb my hair, and wear something nice!

There are so many other things that I love about this season but for now I'll stop. What are some of your favorite things?

PS - all the images above are from Google images.
********************************************
I showed you my fall wreaths earlier. Here are the ones I put out for Christmas....


They're fairly plain but anything with evergreens doesn't show up too good on the dark doors. I keep thinking I'll dress them up a little more but I don't.

Happy Holidays!!!

9 comments:

  1. Love the Christmas wreaths! What are you going to be baking for Christmas? I agree about the Christmas carols...not sure I have heard one before Halloween but at least let's get Thanksgiving over with before we hear them.
    Cheers,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Baking...everything you said...and baking..did I mention baking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Holidays to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet,

    Love your list too... I prefer baking to cooking too. I made some Russian tea cakes today. A favorite of mine.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I love the doors. Don't touch them, unless you get a whim! Aw, fires, presents, the excitement of it all. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved your post, some favourite things
    walking on cruncy snow looking at the lights on candy cane lane
    hot chocolate on a stormy snowy night christmas eve
    the smell of baking gingerbread in the oven, (not mine)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wreaths are lovely, like they say, sometimes less is more.
    I love to bake and cook, just don't like to clean up afterwards. Some of my favorite things are seeing the little ones faces as they climb on Santa's knee, Being with family and friends, and knowing that a new year is about to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are all good things. I especially love the glow of a Christmas tree in an otherwise dark room. Your wreaths are just perfect, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful list of Holiday happiness! And you've got a great front door for display! I like the wreathes you chose :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!