Followers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's a B&N Kind of Day!!

Are you having a good Sunday?? I'm playing in the studio and making some big messes! Later I'm going to B&N for a little "me" time while HB watches a football game. I have a 15% off coupon so I'm armed and dangerous!

I'm still keeping up with my daily journal pages. They say if you do something for 21 days it becomes a habit and you will continue with it. I hope that's true. Here are the latest ones....

January 22:



HB gave me the words to put along the bottom.

January 23:



I haven't written anything on this one yet. I thought about "the road less traveled...." or something along those lines, or something about detours leading to unexpected things. I haven't got anything yet so it's wordless at the moment.

I'm working on my page for today but it isn't finished. I usually do most of it during the day and then sit down in the evening and put the finishing touches on it. Yesterday's page is pretty simple because I didn't do that. Instead last night I worked on a face drawing....



She isn't finished either! I just started shading her but I like her so far.

Today the sun is shining and it's about 50ยบ....a great day to browse the bookstore! See ya tomorrow!! I'll tell you what I bought.

12 comments:

  1. Nice, I really like the new face...much more depth! I love "detours leading to unexpected things" very cool and so true! I read the road less traveled what feels like a million years ago. I started blogging with the 21 day habit in mind....but four years later it's waned. Or I've run out of things to say, I'm not sure!! LoL

    Happy Sunday to you Janet!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet Love your pages and your girl, I also like the detour message, it is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet...I really like the first journal page and I love your lady.
    Have fun at B&N, can wait to see what you buy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your female face, a good start and now I am looking forward at seeing the finishing touching to her. There are many a times I often is unable to find words to go with my art as well. I guess we all stumble into the shut down of our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love going to B&N...I get a cup off coffee and a few books I am intersted in and find a soft place to sit. Cory, my second son is a consultant for alot of major companies. B&N is one of them.
    I really like your girl, I think she is going to be really lovely.
    We had sun here today and it got into the 40's, it's a heat wave.
    I took a nap, just curled up on the sofa and fell asleep.
    Happy B& N day, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving your journal pages! it must be brilliant to sit and flick back over them ..xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a blast at B&N. Your face is lovely, and your pages look great. My company is gone and now I am bushed...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love B&N too, and I'm not really a reader-I just like it :) The pages are great--and is this the start of a Suzi face--warning, it can be addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet, each page is so interesting and different! You inspire me girl! You are always learning and doing! I've always felt that each of us needs to tafe that "road less traveled". Can't wait to see these done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy visiting your blog to get a blast of colour and sunshine. I always think you must be such a happy person to fill your journals with such vibrant hues.
    Nice to see your new lady in the early stages - do you name them at 'birth'?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooops....I saw the yellow flower page as I walked into your blog, and commented upon it on the other posting...duh!

    Your new face is cool! She is wistful to me..I shall be anxious to see the outcome of her finality!

    I just don't know how you do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That orange page. WOW, WOW, WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!