Thursday, January 28, 2010

Paper Strips and Goof-Ups!

Yesterday I played with the sewing machine and some paper. You know I wouldn't want to use the sewing machine for something silly like fabric!! Everyone is making sewn paper strips. iHanna did a tutorial on it here and Kate showed some of her pages here so I decided to do a few to see if I liked it.

I have to warn you it's addictive! I won't show you all the ones I did because we'd be here all day but here are some of mine. These photos are not clickable....I forgot to size them right but I think you can see them ok.

Of course I had to do some with purples....I got them a little crooked but I guess that doesn't matter!



And I did some blues and greens (that one strip that looks white is actually a beige with a soft design but it doesn't show up on the scan)



and last some red....I already cut this page into postcard sizes....



I'll add more stuff to these but for now this is where I'm at with them. It was definitely fun and I used up some paper that has been around for awhile. I'll do more of these, for sure.

Then I managed to squeeze in some time for my art journal page.

January 27:


This picture is clickable.

Wouldn't you know....I did the entire page, added all the letters and on the very last letter I pressed too hard and got the edge of the stamp! I did all the others just great and then the last one I messed up!! Isn't that the way it goes?!

I'm off to run errands today. I hope whatever you're doing that you have fun and sunshine!

13 comments:

  1. Every now and then I see a post with sewing and it ALMOST makes me want to get a sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very cool, Janet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Pretty Pretty. Sewing paper is pretty darn cool, I must say. I vote for the red/orange as my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the paper you made. I made some more today, it is so much fun. I see the edge on that stamp and it looks like part of the design. You did great.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't done this yet, but it is on my list. I have loads of paper that is just sitting, this will be great fun. I Love your colors and designs...and the page is wonderful, I can't see a mistake.
    Getting ready for Arney's Birthday party...we are having family over tomorrow night.
    Big Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sewing paper looks fun and I love the look it created. Hey there are no mistakes in art, just happy accidents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to try sewing strips...I still have my machine out from the other class. I like this art journal page...I saw it at the other place. I left a reply about the stamps under your comment at my blog.
    Cheers,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at all of the beautiful colors! I have been looking at kuler today. I saw it on another blog and it's all about color! I am intrigued! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love the purple papers! And, the journal page, a novice like me would never have known what you believed to be an error, looks GREAT to me!...I MUST get to journal-paging!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your paper strips. I also have been thinking about doing them, when I saw Hanna's and now yours. I just might do them

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Yes,,Love the strips...i cansee where you could get addicted. I love putting colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cogs page - what great ideas you come up with. Yes - sewing is for art not for any practical application - where's the fun in that? I'll do embroidery but sew a button on a shirt? Nope ...... ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the stripey ones. Just think what fabulous cushion covers you could make if you did them with fabric!
    Good stuff Janet..
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!