Followers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Using My Hands....

I had a great Saturday, and now today we're enjoying a quiet Sunday. HB and I just finished our exercises and I think we'll get out for a little bit. It's a beautiful day here....although I know a lot of you are dealing with ice and snow.

My journal page from yesterday was fun to do. I used my hand....I've always loved hands. They tell so much about someone.

January 30:



This one was tough to get a picture of because of the light colors I used. There are several layers of paint on this but they're all very transparent. I like buying the really cheapie craft paints when I want transparency because they are very thin. I also journaled some "hand" quotes on each hand using my white pen and they are very soft and you have to look closely to see them. I like how this page turned out....I just wish it showed better online.

14 comments:

  1. How interesting! I really like it...especially the rainbow of colors! Happy Sunday! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this spread Janet.
    Love the mix of color of course, :)
    and your use of your hands!!

    It's warmed up a bit here too! But, tomorrow could be freezing again. That's how it is in the south in the winter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, I love this--and when you click on it, you can see all the details--love the layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love soft colours, I will try the cheapie paints for more transparent. You have been busy in your art journal how many books have you finished.,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smart idea to use your hands...it looks great to me. We ended up with around 10 inches of snow...we haven't been out since last Thursday. We should be able to get tomorrow.
    Cheers,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet...I always use at least one 'hand' page in my yearly journals! I like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page...love all the interesting colors and layers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Just stopped by to see your blog since I keep seeing your beautiful cheerful face on everyone's comments. I just knew you were a creative angel, and your blog proves it.
    I've enjoyed my visit and will definitely be back for more artful beauty.
    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Janet, the photo wouldn't load for me tonight.. but just wanted to say hi! enjoy your Monday xo
    will be back later to check the journal page :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Page, Love the sayings on the hands.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I check out your blog most days to see what you are up to as you are a great inspiration.
    What is the make/name of the white pen you use?
    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that hand image. I like using them in my pages too. I like how you wrote on all the fingers. Great page

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the idea of the hands, and the colors are quite delicate! How you do this every day is incredible. Here I was to begin in January, didn't happen...then February, better hurry and get with it!!
    You are such an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hands are our tools, Love this Janet, your hands are beautiful!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!