Sunday, February 14, 2010

Keeping My Goal Alive....

Don't you just hate it when "life" gets in the way of all the fun stuff like blogging and art! That's what happened to me this past week. Nothing dramatic....nothing terrible....just all those everyday things that sooner or later catch up with me and demand attention!

But through it all I managed to get my page a day finished although a couple of them are really not all that good. You know me....I always show you the bad right along with the good! You have to suffer right along with me!!

So as promised yesterday, here are my art journal pages....

February 8:



Very simple....just keeping my goal alive!

February 9:



I bought this new flower stamp and wanted to use it....I cut the petals from magazines.

February 10:



I don't like this one! I kind of got off-track when I added that piece of tape along the left side. That's some of my patterned packaging tape. But once you use it you have a shiny surface that nothing much will adhere to! From there it just went downhill.

February 11:



On this day I got new lenses for my glasses. My prescription hadn't changed but my lenses were getting scratched. So I can see clearly now!

February 12:



I did a two-page spread for The Olympics. I'm still thinking I might add something to these pages but not sure....maybe some of the names of the gold medal winners or something like that.

Ok, that's it for now. My page for Saturday is almost ready but I was right in the middle of it when The Olympics came on last night so I didn't get it finished. I'll put the finishing touches on it later this afternoon when I make my page for today.

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!!

22 comments:

  1. You "slacker" you!! LOL Janet, you just keep amazing me. The pages you may not like so much look excellent to me. You are doing something every day and that is such an accomplishment. One I truly strive for, but fall short most days. My art for yesterday was a few more envelopes and HOURS in front of the computer editing photos, before the Olympics came on. I LOVE Apolo Ohno!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages, I especially love the 9th. The bright pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you can do a page a day--and they're all different,and you're everyday life helps give you new incentives for your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are true to your self..I like all the pages..
    Have a happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flower one and the glasses. Happy Valentines Day. Love Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pages Janet!!! I always love the style of the first page where you wrote in the wavy line format! I'm so fond of those colors too! The lady with the glasses is so interesting cuz you used two different eye colors. There's a name for that, I forgot what. Great messages throughtout! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Happy Valentine's Day" to you Janet!

    Now off to find my art journal.
    Thanks for sharing your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Valentines day Janet. I am always impressed that even when life takes over you still manage to do art and to post on your blog. You're my heroine....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Feb. 10th Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually like the one that 'went downhill' !
    sometimes, ya just have to do those things that get in the way.. and once they are out of the way you can do the fun things like blogging & art :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOPE YOU had a sweet Valentine's Day! I like all of your pages and I love the one YOU didn't like! hehe Thanks for visiting me!!!YOU made me feel better!(((((Janet)))))

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your determination to do a page or do something artisically every day. I like all your journal pages but the one with the tape is the one I like best. I wonder if you could sand the tape and rough up the surface? Life is getting in the way today...I am driving my mom to her doctor's appointment about an hour away from us...but I don't mind...it will give us a chance to spend some time together.
    Cheers,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like February 10th...but you know I like them all.
    And I too admire the fact that you can do something wonderful daily. I just work to slow.
    Today I am juicing strawberries. I can't have the little seeds so the Juicer is wonderful for this reason, really I just love it!
    I hope your day is soft, and that you and Your Valentine had a really good day together.
    I woke to Arney with his arms filled with roses. Not bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you had a nice Valentines day
    I like the one with the flower the best and the one you do not like has a great message....such great colors and I'm with the rest that said, "how do you do a page a day"?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there! Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. I need to follow you because your journal pages are just too inspiring. p.s. I also took Julie's super nova class. how did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. WEll at least you SRE keeping your goal alive...mine seemd to be dying out ,,ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pages, Janet!! I especially love the colors on Feb 8th. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Belated Valentine's Wishes to you, Janet. I totally understand about being busy and, before you know it, the week is already over....story of my life. lol

    Love your pages...my fave is Feb. 9th...lovely design and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like all of them, but then my most two favorites ones is the one you don't like and I can see clearly today.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous2:26 AM

    Pretty nice blog you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything connected to them. I would like to read a bit more soon.

    Sincerely yours

    ReplyDelete
  21. Life's been busy around here too. At least we're having some nice weather right now (and no more rockin' & rollin' - thanks again for checking on me). Hope you had a happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I came here from Rosy's blog. Your journal pages are so colorful, I like them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!