Thursday, February 25, 2010

Making a Comeback!

Thank you to everyone who has sent me hugs, emails, thoughts and prayers for our LuLu. We are so encouraged. LuLu has been at the vet's since Tuesday afternoon. When we took her in we were prepared to put her down. She was so weak and wasn't doing much of anything. She had made it somehow to the top of her kitty condo earlier in the day but when she tried to get down she fell. She couldn't get up the stairs to the bedroom and she was just lethargic.

We saw a different vet this time and she said she saw signs of "life" in LuLu and that she would like to give her a chance to pull out of this....so we agreed. Yesterday evening we went over to visit LuLu and were surprised by how much she had improved.

This is how she looked early on Tuesday....



I carried her up to our bedroom and let her sleep on the bed. She barely moved.

And here she was on Wednesday evening....



You can see her IV on her leg. They used a purple bandage!



Doesn't she look like she's saying "don't mess with me!!"....she was even eating for us. We spent about 45 minutes with her and she was alert and active the entire time. I'm so thankful we saw the other vet at this clinic. The previous one seemed to have little hope for LuLu. Plus we were very happy with the technician who is looking after LuLu. He was friendly and involved with her and you could tell she was happy with him. So we're breathing a little easier today.

I know I'm behind showing my journal pages and I promise to get to them....I've actually been able to keep up with them through all this....but I also wanted to show you the postcards I received from Hanna's postcard swap....



Aren't these fantastic?? I love them all. The one with the rose is actually shimmery fabric but it doesn't show up in the photo.

And earlier this month Lee and I did a postcard swap and these are the ones I received from her....



I love her art style! All the postcards I received are just great and I will definitely join in again if another swap comes along like this. Thank you to everyone who sent me a card....I think I've contacted everyone to personally thank them.

And I promise to have some journal pages on here tomorrow!

36 comments:

  1. So happy to hear about LuLu. Will you have to give her fluids at home, or do you know yet? Hugs to you, HB and LuLu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Janet ! I am s osorry to hear kitty got sick! But glad to know she is better.! I know how you feel...! Please know that I a msending kitty healling vibes))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is fantastic news! see.. surrounded by loving thoughts and prayers and LuLu is getting better!!

    oh how I love those postcards they are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best to your baby, hope she perks up to her normal self soon! Your loving energy will make her feel safe and secure to heal best she can! Sending love your way!

    Hugs Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet I'm so pleased that Lulu is feeling better - what an amazing turn-around. She's a beautiful cat too.

    Those postcards are delightful - a great idea and a nice way to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LuLu is a beauty. She looks like she's on the mend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad to hear Lulu is feeling a tad better and getting extra good care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks happy to be home! Your postcards are all great! What a great idea for a swap! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lulu looks so much better the next day. What a difference. She looks like she's saying, mom, I am going to make it, don't worry.

    Big hugs to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those postcards are very cool, you got some nice ones. But even cooler, is LuLu looking spunky! Maybe you could make postcards using that photo of her....just a thought. She does look very defiant in that one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeahhh for LouLou!!! She looks much improved for sure! Some times it sure does take a different vet...I have found that happen more than once with my dogs.
    Hope she is home with you soon Janet! Hugs,Betzie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, poor LuLu! I always feel so badly for animals when they have to get IVs and stay at the vets. They don't understand. I am SO happy to hear she is home and doing better! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to know the second opinion was worth it. Yay for Lulu getting better!

    You received great postcards! And I'm not saying that cuz one of them is mine... ;-)
    Be well. *hugs*
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok Janet, I gotta ask....did you request that purple bandage for Lulu??? So, glad she is getting better.

    Your postcards are amazing here! Looks like you'll have some visual candy to feast upon for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry I took so long to get back to you. My sister's cat was put on a ringer's iv and she would have to give him a bag of it once a week for a while, then started cutting it down. He was young and pulled through and is on nothing now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Janet,

    I am so glad that Lulu is doing better. Your post cards look great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad to hear LuLu is doing so good. I know how you feal.
    Hugs,
    Katelen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Janet- GREAT news about LuLu! You can tell she feels better in the pictures. Thank god..

    Your postcard collection looks great! I am still missing several.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so glad to see that LULU is doing better! The purple bandage may just be part of the the cure!
    Your postcard collection is impressive, so many delightful styles!
    I had a day off, but read a novel instead of doing art....sometimes I get an audiobook and have the best of both!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous news Janet and I love that purple bandage--that's what helped her get better.
    Big hugs to the three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Way to Go LuLu...we are all pulling for your good health. Janet, I know you have been so worried...You will both be fine soon. Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  22. poor lulu, glad to see she has improved... and hopefully on the mend!!

    Those postcards make me wish I'd been in the swap too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the postcards, my favorites are the lime green with the bird, and the three ladies sitting togeter. So thankful Lulu is getting such good care,hope she is home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a difference a day makes! Lulu looks totally wonderful compared to the other photo. I am so happy that she is doing better!

    Will continue to keep her in my thoughts - as well as you...I know how it is to love an animal...They are just part of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh! Lulu is just gorgeous. She looks better in the last photo! I hope she keeps doing well - I'm happy to hear she is hanging in there!!

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awh,,glad Lulu is doing better! Best news I have heard all day. Love your post cards too. I love to do postcard swaps. Have a creative week-end, Janet!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, Janet, I am so very thrilled to hear Lulu is recovering! She looks SO much better! Please give her extra pets from me and kitty wishes from the Gypsy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm glad Lulu's feeling better! What a beautiful kitty. :)
    Much Love

    ReplyDelete
  29. I was gone all day yesterday and haven't been on the computer very much today so I'm behind in seeing your good news. I'm so happy to hear that Lulu is doing so much better and on the road to recovery. Great news!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm just catching up with the news on LuLu....how scary it must have been for you. I'm so glad that things are looking more positive now. What a cute kitty she is!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Remember the song..."the cat came back the very next day"? :-)
    Glad Lulu is better.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great postcards - and best pf all, what Wonderful news!! So glad your Lulu is doing better. Continuing to send healing thoughts her way. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm really glad to see that Lulu is responding to her new treatment, let's hope that she will get back to being well again even if she needs medication each day. She looks so much better in the second photo.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You have such a beautiful heart ~ I should have know that you were an animal lover! Your furchild looks much improved ~ I visited your other blog too and you are so far ahead of the game that I think you can afford a few days off! Take care my friend. XO

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the look of your cat as he is staring at the camera!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!