Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Am I Hitting a Slump???

I hope wherever you are that you're experiencing some fantastic spring weather. I just posted a couple of photos over on my photo blog (link is over there on the right side....scroll down a bit) and will add a few more tomorrow. Every tree we have is full of blossoms! It looks so pretty. And we're expecting temps around 76ยบ today! I'm lovin' it!!

The past few art journal prompts for this month have been toughies for me! Either I'm just not thinking or I'm going into a slump but I don't think any of these are very good.

March 14:



This prompt was "rubber stamps"....you may not be able to see it but I completely covered the background with a stamp of tiny flowers, then I added the larger flower stamps. Nothing great. Just another page I can say I finished.

March 15:



This prompt was "self-portrait" and I know this is stretching it but I just couldn't come up with anything else.

March 16:



Today's prompt is "pretend"....so I'm pretending to make a page!! I couldn't come up with anything. The background is really interesting in person because I used a lot of metallic paints and then payne's gray over that. I guess I'm pretending to be an artist!

I'm off to enjoy all the warm temps and get some fresh air. I don't want to stay inside on such a beautiful day....