Sunday, March 07, 2010

It's Party Time!!

Regular programming (art) will resume after this brief trip into fantasy land!

I don't know about you but I'm going to have a busy day! Today I have to do all those girlie things like a manicure, a pedicure, and a bubble bath. I have to get ready for the BIG party. What am I talking about, you ask?? The Academy Awards, of course!

If you've read my blog for a few years then you know I usually "attend" the Academy Awards. Three years ago I went with Johnny Depp....you can read about it here. (You might have to scroll down a bit to find it.) Johnny is always a wonderful date and we had a fantastic evening.

The next year I just couldn't find a dress that I liked so I skipped the awards. You'll find all my dress problems here ....again, you'll have to scroll down.

Then last year I went with Johnny again....if you're still interested in all this you'll find that date here.

I don't want to miss out on all the fun this year so I spent hours finding just the right dress and shoes. I shopped and shopped....and you all know how much I love shopping! Then I had my hair styled, my make-up done and now I'm just waiting for tonight when my date will arrive and whisk me away for an evening of fun, food, parties, and dancing. Are you going to be there??

Here's the dress I chose. (Remember this is all taking place in cyberspace so I can wear anything I want to and look fabulous!!)



here's the back....



It's all sequins....I'll be the glittery-est thing on the runway! I thought about wearing my signature purple and even found a couple of beautiful purple dresses but I decided to be wild and crazy and do silver!

Here are my shoes....



In real life I'd probably fall and break my neck if I wore these!! But aren't they gorgeous? I'll be dancing the night away in these.

Now for the make-up. I want to look my very best so I had it professionally done....



It's just amazing what they can do with make up these days! I don't look a day over 25!

Here's my hair....



Now that was the challenge! I had to have some extensions put in to get my hair to look like that!! And I'm not sure if I'll keep the flower....I think it's a little too much.

Now for the big reveal....my date! This year I had to tell Johnny no! Naturally he was crushed but I felt that people would be talking if we showed up together again plus I think he's pretty busy with the opening of Alice in Wonderland! So I'll be prancing down the red carpet on the arm of....



one of my bad boys....Josh Holloway. Josh cleans up pretty good after being on that island for so long! Maybe while we're out I can see if he'll tell me how "Lost" ends!

See you on the red carpet....be sure to say hi if you see me! Ciao, baby! Have your people call my people and we'll do lunch next week!