Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's a Special Day for Us....

Thank you for all your wonderful comments on my soul journal! When I finished it I knew I loved it but apparently so do you. That's a good feeling to have created something that everyone seems to like. I appreciate all your comments and suggestions and would love to have it printed but since I used quotes from other people I don't know if that's possible.

*********************************************

Today is a big day around here! Today is HB's birthday! We're going out for lunch, maybe a little side trip to B&N, and then tonight I'll make his all-time most favorite meal which is spaghetti and meatballs. Thank goodness it isn't something like pheasant under glass!! I can usually turn out a decent plate of spaghetti without too many disasters.

While I was on my blog break I did a few art journal pages so I'll show them from time to time. Here is one of them....



I'm not sure if you can tell but I used gel pens and wrote between and on the painted lines. I wanted it to be there but not to be easily read....sort of there but not there if that makes any sense.

I hope you have a wonderful day....we're expecting a little rain.

23 comments:

  1. your work is so inspiring! happy birthday to your dear hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your HB - I like a man with simple tastes in food - just as well, huh?

    Your page is beautiful, Janet. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a treat at your page, Janet~!! I have been mired down and have not had a chance to visit your inspiring page! Hope to remedy that soon....
    May I extend a VERY H*A*P*P*Y B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y~ to your HB~!!
    Lovely 'life' page~!!....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love the way you did the obscure writing. Wish you husband a Happy Birthday!! I'm sure he'll enjoy his meal--I would!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a fabulous day! Have a wonderful time and HB to HB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, HB!! It sounds like you have a lovely day planned.

    Btw, lovely journal page, Janet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Give HB a BIG hug Janet---not from me silly-- from you.
    Happy Birthday HB.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, HB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday HB, spaghetti is a favorite of mine too! We had snow today but luckily it has melted. Beautiful page....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved your soul Journal! Gladyouhada good day with the brthday boy! Mystele is having a class again, but I can't take it this time either..darn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to your husband...from a fellow Aries.

    ReplyDelete
  12. have a beautiful day togther janet - and yum...spag sounds just lovely!

    happy easter too to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful page! Spagetti one of my favorites too your DH has good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always enjoy your post. Happy Bday to HB...Enjoy your time.
    Katelen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday to HB.....

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm always a day behind :) I hope you two had a great birthday celebration. How'd those meatballs turn out? Did you buy any new books? I really like the page you show here!
    Cheers,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday to HB!!! I will celebrate it a day later (it's spaghetti and meatballs day in my home today). Great page! I can see the writing, very discreet - as you said - it's there but subtle. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope yuou had a wonderful time with your hubby, Janet! You're a loving and wise woman, getting yor man with yumyy fod! :o)

    Kisses and love from us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The dinner and a trip to the bookstore?? ~ Wow! ~ I wanna go too!!!

    Wishing all the Best for Both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your soul journal book is awesome. I checked out every page....large! Love it. Belated HB to HB. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your soul journal and pages are cool!
    Hope HB had a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. a happy birthday to HB ~ hope he had a fantastic day and I hope you both enjoyed the spaghetti and meatballs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your journal page!!! Hope the birthday day was great!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!