Monday, March 01, 2010

Pack Rat That I Am....

In the midst of all the upheaval with LuLu being sick, I forgot all about my blog anniversary! It was on the 19th of February and it was my fourth. I can't believe it's been that long ago that I started my blog. I've learned so much since that first entry and I still have so much more to learn. Thank you to everyone who has hung around with me for most of the time that I've had a blog. And welcome to all the new people who stop by....I hope you come back again real soon.

Not much has been happening today so I'll just show you my art journal page from yesterday.

February 28:



This was one of those easy peasy pages that just seemed to make itself. As you may know, I'm working in an old decorating book so there was a picture covering the entire page. To cover it up I used some very thin brown paper that came in a package I received about a month ago. It's almost like the brown paper towels that you see in public restrooms only much, much thinner. It was all crumpled up in the package and there is a lot of it! Any time I receive a package and it has paper used as packing material I save it! I recently got another package from a blog friend and it also had some great paper that I saved. I'm such a pack rat!!

Anyway, I put that thin layer of brown paper over the picture, grabbed those two designs....I had spray painted them onto a grocery ad from the newspaper....glued them down, added the words and the dribbles and Viola!....a journal page! Nothing spectacular but it fulfilled my goal of a page-a-day. Two months completed now and only 10 more to go!

I hope you've set some goals for yourself. It's fun to strive for something and even better when you achieve it....

19 comments:

  1. WELL! Happy Blogaversary! And I love your page!

    And I hope Lulu continues her improvement.

    I have to tell you once again how much I enjoy visiting your space, Janet. Glad you are still here, still blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogoversary and many more!

    Happy LuLu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on four years Janet and may there be many more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on your anniversay! what an accomplishment, as a relative newcomer to blogland I am in awe. I'd love it if you could send me some of that spring you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great page. My book came today so off I go now to read a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogaversary, Janet!! And great that you are keeping up with your journal pages!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on the bloganniversary! many more yrs of great blogging to look forward too, and more lovely inspiring art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy 4th, your blog is so interesting and fun, as you can see by all your loyal readers, and your pages are great,

    ReplyDelete
  9. AT least you ARE creating every day! man it is hard to believe we have all been blooging 4 years.. remember when we used to all go to Violette's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've visited here and there from Rosy's blog and I've enjoyed yours, happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 4th Anniversary! Wow! That's a long time. I bet the difference from your very first post to now is like night and day. I know mine are and I've only been at it for about 14 months.

    As for the pack rat gene, everyone in my family has it. Except me, that is. I am nowhere as bad as the rest of them. I am merely a pack mouse! I don't keep EVERYTHING, just the things I really love. the rest I can easily give away.

    Please give Miss LuLu a pet from me!

    Hugs,
    Tamerie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, happy 4th. I just started bloging last year and I seem to learn more each time I come on. Your blog is no exception. I will probably be doing alot more with my art journals for the next month while my hand and wrist heal. I will have the pins in for 3 weeks so I proably won't be doing much sewing. Maybe a little gardening.
    Thank you so much for your kind comments. I always love to see that you have stopped by to visit. It makes me feel appreciated. I think we all need that sometimes.
    Your art work is so inspiring and I will be visiting more in the next few weeks but I probably won't be commenting as typing one handed gets tiring.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry to read about your sweet LuLu. I am so glad that she is doing better and at home again. I know how difficult it is as do many of us animal lovers when one of our family members gets sick. Boy oh boy, I just end up being sick myself from distress and probably sympathy pains. Anyhow's, I hope that is all behind you and she gets back to being her perky self again

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy blogaversary, Janet! After awhile, it's hard to remember what it was like before blogging, isn't it? Here's to many more happy blogging years!
    Love the page! When you're working in mixed media, being a packrat can sure come in handy ;)
    Hope Lulu is feeling better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have lost track of when I became a blogger...Happy Anniversary Dear Janet, you were my first blog friend and it has been a wonderful journey.You were my guide as I started this adventure. And through you one by one I have found my way.
    May you have art in your heart forever....Your, Mary
    Love this page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. a happy blog-a-versary.. we must have 'known' each other since then I guess :)
    still thoroughly enjoying your journal pages.. the brown paper sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I am sorry I've missed your posts re LuLu's recent illness...I have fur-babies, and can sympathize with the angst of their not being able to tell us what's wrong.
    Isn't it great to find a knowledgeable, sensitive vet who can help your baby get welll!?
    Give LuLu her preference of a hug or scratch for me, and keep doing those GORGEOUS journal pages!
    You're awesome!
    Must put you in my blog roll so I don't miss anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your blog anniversary and I'm also glad that LULU is home. I've been without power for four days so I'm just catching up on my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Blog Anniv. I know what you mean I try to keep everything..I have to stop..LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!