Wednesday, April 07, 2010

A Little Sketchbook Project....

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for my son. I know it will make a difference as I've seen it work so many times before here in Blogland. All that positive energy focused on one person can make a difference. Thank you....thank you....thank you.

*********************************************

Recently Eden contacted me and asked if I would like to participate in a small sketchbook project that was going around, and of course I said YES! When it arrived I saw that it was a small moleskine and had very thin pages. I glued a couple of them together to get something strong enough to work on and then I did a quick little woman's face. On the other page I did a zentangle on some cardstock and glued it in. I used a stamped image to begin the zentangle and then used markers to add a touch of color.

The book had only been to four or five people but it was already beginning to fall apart! The sketchbook originated with Jennifer Zoe and will return to her when it's finished. I hope it holds together!!

Here are the pages I did....



Nothing too exciting but it was fun to participate. Thanks, Eden....

*********************************************

A couple of my blog friends.... Lee and Krissie....have been doing snippets each day so I decided to join in and try it. Here are mine....

Wearing: jeans and a long sleeved tee shirt
Listening: to the sound of the dryer running!
Reading: "Absolute Scandal" by Penny Vincenzi
Spent: lots of time doing nothing yesterday!!
Dinner: last night I had some au gratin potatoes and green beans and HB made some chicken
Watching: last night it was "Lost" and today I'm just watching the clock as we have an appointment at our accountants....the dreaded taxes!
Art: today I haven't done any yet. Yesterday I managed a couple of backgrounds in my art journal.

Ok, that's about all I have for today. Maybe I can squeeze in some art after the appointment if I'm not too depressed! Have some fun today....and keep smiling!

13 comments:

  1. Love both pages, that zentangle is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the your pages, the Zentagle is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops! LOVE your pages, especially the Zentangle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pages Janet! That zentangle is so cool with the butterfly inside! Your girls are always so refreshing too!

    I'm sure glad we got the book early cuz I'd feel really bad if I unglued it all! Maybe it will go to someone that can do a good job at repairing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun thing to participate in!

    sorry, for some reason I missed the post about your son.. I will certainly pray for him.. but am emailing you too

    dinner sounds yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is very exciting! your pages are just lovely! and what a fun thing to be a part of ! I've never done anything like that, but it sounds awesome, maybe someday!!!!

    thanks for sharing this,,,inspiring.

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is very exciting! your pages are just lovely! and what a fun thing to be a part of ! I've never done anything like that, but it sounds awesome, maybe someday!!!!

    thanks for sharing this,,,inspiring.

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is very exciting! your pages are just lovely! and what a fun thing to be a part of ! I've never done anything like that, but it sounds awesome, maybe someday!!!!

    thanks for sharing this,,,inspiring.

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the zentangle and the snippets are fun -- reminds me of the Lady's Daybook I used to do ... snippets are shorter and more fun ...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay.. glad you joined in.. there is so much info in these snippets I think thats why I like them, and take so quick to do them! and.... they make interesting reading about the person who wrote them.Love your zentangles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet,

    I find these sketchbook projects to be so much fun. You pages are both fantastic. The face is wonderful. Of course I like the zentangle style piece too.

    I am wondering where do you come up with the patterns you use. Are the just out of your head or do you use some reference for ideas.

    I seem to do the same pattern all the time. I have a couple new ones I'll be posting later today, as soon as I take pictures and get them uploaded.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Dream page...I've always loved your girls! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are fun. And I like your daily notes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!