Followers

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Having a Lot of Doodle Fun....

I am having so much fun with Traci Bautista's Creative Doodles class!!! For the past couple of days I've been working on some papers and I think I finally have them where I want them. In fact I think I went too far on a couple of them!!

This is one I stenciled on a few days ago....



I added the red along the sides and then using a pen and india ink I made the squiggles. I think they sort of look like Asian writing.



Same thing....spray painted, stenciled, and then I added the squiggly writing at the bottom. It doesn't really say anything. It's just some fake writing I do.



This started out as a doodle with ribbon-like shapes and I didn't like how it looked. So I spray painted over it and added a grid-like stencil. Then I squiggled lines all over it with my pen. Still didn't like it!



So I added some circle flower shapes and liked how that looked. I added some color and then I got carried away and did too much!! Here's how it ended up....



I liked it until I added the colored inks and that was too much!

This next one started life as an ABC doodle that wasn't good. Same thing....spray paint, stencil, squiggly lines with india ink and it got to this point....



I kept going with it and ended up with this....



And here's how my flower doodle from a few days ago turned out....



I have lots more to show you but I won't bore you with more right now. Maybe tomorrow I'll put the rest of them on.

18 comments:

  1. Wow Janet you have been busy. I like them all, the one you don't like that you think you went to far on just might be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stencils AND doodling?? Oh my! I absolutely LOVE these Janet!!!
    Thanks so much for the inspiration as always.
    Much LOVE xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a lot your drawing, stencil and spray and doodles...it is very interesting to watch your process..I really like the result!!!wouaww

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMgoodness...Janet - what a treat youve shown us today! How bauy have you been... I really like the one with the inks added - I think it gives the doodles depth! WOW is all I can say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting that we all love the one you say you did too much! I love it too! It just shows that adding layer after layer after layer adds to the complexity of the final image. Great papers! Your creativity is infective!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your doodles. the colors are so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, kid!
    Wonderful expressive art pieces.
    You are such an inspiration to me...Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janet these are fantastic! All of them. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet..wonderful!! Thanks for sharing the photos. Looks like you've been busy playing, painting & having lots of doodling fun!!
    hugs..xo~Traci

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet,

    I don't think you have gone too far at all. Both flower ones are wonderful. Remember its all a learning process.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet,those are so cool!! I like that you kept with the paper until it evolved into something you liked better! Funny how things change once we do one or two things more to them!! Cool floral doodles too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful fun..
    fake writing, I love it..

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janet, I love all of these, especially the one you say you overdid! This is so inspiring! I must get my paints out again...

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great, enjoyed looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Those are wonderful, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the one you said you did too much to. I tend to stop too soon on things, so I love when someone can keep adding layers, and make it look that good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the stencils and doodling. I love love them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, how fun and cool they are, how could they bore anyone? Not me. I like them, and especially the flowers though they are not backgrounds anymore but final papers ready to fram! tAKe care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!