Followers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I've Been Layin' Low....

First of all, thanks to all the people who have joined the Mail Art Swap. Lee and I are happy to get a good response although we do need at least one more person to play so that we have an even number. If you think you might like to join in you can read about it here or over on Lee's blog.

I haven't done much at the computer for the past couple of days because I've been having trouble with my back. Sitting for long periods of time really gets to me when my back is hurting. Every once in awhile my back decides to act up and when it does I stay fairly quiet.

Even art didn't get done over the past few days. This is about the only thing I have to show you....



More on one of my WIPs! I've added a little bit to this brown paper piece but it isn't finished yet.



And this brown paper piece has a little bit of blue metallic acrylic ink added but not much else.

It's been pretty slim pickin's around here when it comes to art! Mostly I've been reading and trying not to aggravate my back any more than it already is. Today it feels a little better so I hope to get some art done tomorrow.

Have some fun today....

16 comments:

  1. Ouch ~ ! ~ I have problems like yours too - drives me nearly batty ~ !! ~ Make yourself comfortable, rest while you can, an' then create something wonderful ~ !! ~

    Keeping you in positive thots ~ !! ~


    Lauri

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh I hear ya... but I hope you feel better!!
    And all you've gotten done? Haha. Lady, this is gorgeous! I love these

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get to feeling better with that bad back of yours. I try to take as many breaks as I can but sometimes that is hard to do when I find myself so deeply into my art. For some reason I don't seemed to have much of a problem while I am at my computer desk. Go Figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon Janet.
    Usually rest and relaxation really help.We are resilient but need to take care of ourselves.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you are having back trouble, ouch not fun. I love your brown paper pieces so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet, if you still need one more, I'll give it a try. If you already have enough, I'll just catch it next time. Let me know. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those darned backs!!! Hope you feel like yourself soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your sore back Janet. Hope you are feeling better very soon.
    Dot xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel your pain - and I can empathise with your problem wholeheartedly. I try to vary what I do through the day, fitting in chores or gardening in-between sitting at the pooter or painting. I go for walks too and that helps a lot.
    Probably the biggest single thing that stopped me getting back pain though was buying a new, high spec bed - an amazing difference, truly.

    Hope all is well with you soon - your artwork continues to develop beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do hope your back gets better soon. Just rest and enjoy the quiet time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet, Sorry to hear about your back. I hope it heals with rest. I haven't been doing much either. I'm hoping it's just a little slump. I love my art, but nothing seems to inspire me lately.
    Your brown paper pieces are interesting. I like your color choices and your use of pattern.
    Get better soon so you can play some more.
    Hugs,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. aw...Janet! i do hope you feel better and ready to make more of your beautiful art!

    you are so inpsiring to me!

    and i hope that we get that 'one more person' we're looking for!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yesterday - I noticed my right shoulder was hurting from sitting at the computer...

    I spent way too long cleaning my hard drive...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sitting at the computer can be killer on a back. Patrick is always drawing my attention to my poor posture, which gets worse the longer I sit and the juicier the blog I'm reading. hehe Hope your back feels better soon. I like the pages you showed. I really love the black writing against the vivid colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my first visit to your blog. You art is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Honestly, do you do art every day? I think so -- and a lot. I get so jealous and inspired when I see your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!