Followers

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Another New One....

It's been a couple of days since my last post and as you can see I've changed my background again! HB found this one and said it reminded him of my doodles so I guess I'll try it for awhile even though I'm not crazy about the color. At least I got rid of that header of me! That was beginning to get to me especially since it was supposed to be only temporary when I put it on. I think it was at least a year ago that I last did it!! I don't like to rush into anything!

Lots of art has been made over the past few days and very soon I will begin showing it to you. I may even be selling some of my art. Since HB is retired now, I need to think about bringing in some dollars so I can continue my art addiction!

Yesterday I started another one of my scrapbook paper pieces. First I drew some leafy shaped thingies and cut them out for a template/stencil. Then I laid them out on the paper and drew around them. A fine tip Sharpie went all around the outlines and filled in all the small, pointy tips....



Then I began filling in with a chisel-tip Sharpie. I like working in black and neutral colors. Black always looks so fresh to me....



At this point I left it until this morning....



Somehow it just didn't seem right....



So I added another branch of leaves at the top....



And now it's finished!



"Ebony Foliage"

Make this a fun-filled day!! Do something unexpected....

25 comments:

  1. Janet, I like your new background....if you have photoshop maybe you can change the color to purple??? Just a suggestion! Love your ebony foliage! You have a delightful way with swirls :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Janet, I love this! It's gorgeous! And I love your new header (meant to say the other day but forgot) and the new background

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh.........i like that! could be used as wall art .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I think this background is more you and the new header is you too. The ebony flowers look great, I like popping in here to see what you have been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet! I first saw these at gmail Buzz. Love Love LOVE what you are doing. Gorgeous. Fab idea. I want to come to your house and play. Oh wait. I COULD. I'm now retired and I just learned that Bakersfield has some big antique warehouses. Two reasons to drive south.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new header Janet and the background but I must admit purple would be better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't figure out what seemed wrong to you, but when you added the top branch it really made sense. How cool! I love the header, and the background. I think that the color can be changed in blogger (but I am not sure, I saw it somewhere yesterday).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous piece, I love swirls and scrolls, actually want to learn to draw them myself. The new background is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many new things ~ ! ~ Oh my, but that new header is wonderful - know what you mean about not being "techy" - I get to the crying stage, an' finally have to give up ~ ! ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like the new look. It's always fun to redecorate and a lot cheaper on the blog than in the house! LOL! Ebony foliage is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet you have most definitely been spending time with your Muse girlfriend! absolutely amazing work...all you doodling has inspired me to start keeping a small journal of zentangles, since I've been so busy lately I do one a day and at least feel like I'm doing something creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the background -- he is right!

    And these are great! You are inspiring me -- my doodles look so flat on plain old white!

    My verification word is midend. I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your new look! I liked the previous one too, though. Looking at your photo in the header when I visited made it feel like I was sitting down to chat with you. But this new one is great too.
    Your ebony foliage is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty background. I like the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful art!! Great new header....a change is as good as a rest!! You are a hot art mama!!! Art on Janet!!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this Janet!! and yes, you should sell your art--you need to get it out there for everyone to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty artwork today...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree- this background is way more you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another beautiful page, yes you should definitely sell your stuff

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks fabulous, Janet. I'm impressed by how sure your lines are - no visible wobbles at all! Graphic art is surely your 'thing'!

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful work. what did you make your stencil out of? acetate? i've struggled with curves.

    like you i need to consider selling art - a tough place for me. money + art... shiver... lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super gorgeous...very beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks fantastic, Janet....I love the dramatic effect of the black on the printed background. I might give this a try when I manage to find some spare time.

    Btw, I like this background a whole lot better than the brown one and it seems to work better with your banner pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really like this piece of artwork, Janet! It speaks to me. Love your new art room. Wanna come & fix mine up like your's? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!