Followers

Monday, June 28, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot....and A Little Temptation....

Summer has arrived in my neck of the woods....or in my case, the high desert. We're expecting temps into the 100's today. I'm staying inside where it's cool. I just made myself a big fruit smoothie and I'm just cruisin' along.

You may not believe this but so far I've managed to do a lot of art in my new studio and it's still fairly neat and clean! Yesterday I made another small mixed media piece. I'm really enjoying these small canvases. I even bought 10 more with a coupon. I gessoed each one and stacked them on my work table and now they're just waiting for me to create something on them. Here's something I did about a week ago and forgot to share with you....it's done on an 8" x 10" canvas board.



The first thing that came to mind when I looked at it was French Temptation. I'm not sure why that popped into my head but I just went with it as the name for this piece.

Everyone who is in the collage/mail swap please don't forget to let me know when you get your collages and be sure to post pictures of them in the flickr group.

And Little Messy Missy, one of our swap Collage Queens is hosting a bookmark swap if anyone is interested.

Stay cool!!!!

16 comments:

  1. Mmmmm..just came back from running some errands...a fruit smoothie sounds like just the ticket...
    Great idea, friend.
    Enjoy those "canvai"!....as I call them plurally. (with a long I :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Janet, this is another gorgeous piece! You're really going for the hot colours now, and they are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet,
    I'm lovin the warm colours coming out of your studio.
    That's just what we need down here in Oz!
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous...simply gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet,

    I love this, just full of fire and energy all to go with the heat I guess. Its warm here too but not as high as that. Keep cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely piece. I really like the colours on it.
    Laura and I both received our collages from the swap. I will be posting photos to the Flickr group soon.
    Writing this from my new laptop!
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew...HOT yes, both the weather and your art.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janet...I can't get over how many pieces of art you are turning out...Love the "French Temption" piece...so colorful and bright!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janet...my first comment disappeared...just as well...I didn't spell temptation correctly...lol. I'm loving all the art work you are turning out these days...so colorful and bright! That new studio space must be so handy to do more and more art.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely colors, Janet.

    It was a little warmer here today, but thankfully still not as hot as it usually is by this time of year. I sure wish that milder weather of the past couple of weeks would hang around longer...

    Fruit smoothies sound like a great idea. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Janet!
    We're having the same weather with one exception...high 90s heat and humidity too. Very unusual for us. I hope it's not a trend...eeek.
    I really like this piece you are showing very much. I have a thing for polka dots so it's extra special to me.
    Hope you're staying in and staying cool. I'm trying to find a dress for the wedding. Nothing like leaving it till the stores are like an oven. Yuk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the yellows...thanks for the mention! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the hot colors -- is it capturing your desert mood? They work so very well together! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is a lovely piece Janet......so richly textured!

    It's not as warm here as it is in your neck of the woods - but the sun has finally come out!

    Love, Violette xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. French Temptation is exquisite, Janet! I also have several small canvasses stacked on my art desk but, unfortunately, they've been sitting there for weeks now waiting for some attention. Five kids makes for lots of distractions whether they're adult or not. lol

    Stay cool ~ :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!