Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Little Art and a Gift....

Thank you to everyone who stopped by to visit my studio. Whew! I'm tired! I drank too much champagne and ate too much cake....and I think I've visited only about 1/4 of the studios that participated. There are soooo many. That's why I've been a little absent from my usual Blogland visits. But I'm going to be stopping in to see all my friends over the next few days. (If you're just coming by to see my studio it's in the previous post just below this one.)

I've been busy in the studio and should have some things to show you in a couple of days. I do have one small piece that I did....it's a 5" x 7" canvas board that I worked on. I named it Days Gone By....



One of the things I've been working on is trying to leverage some of my art. Traci Bautista talked about that in the recent class I took and it seemed like a good idea since I have tons of finished art stashed everywhere around the house! I found this book....



and have been trying some of the techniques. It's a lot of Photoshop stuff and you all know what a dummy I am when it comes to that program!! But I'm going slow and following the steps and maybe I'll be able to learn some new things. I don't think I'm such an old dog that I can't learn new tricks....eventually!!

Also recently I received this beautiful collage from Carmelina ....



I love the colors!! Thank you, Carmelina!

Ok, I think that's about all I have for today. Have a wonderful day, and I hope you're having beautiful weather like we are. I know it won't last and very soon I'll be whining about the heat but for now it's perfect!

8 comments:

  1. Love the piece. Don't tell me about your nice weather!!!! ;D ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. your recent art and the collage you received look like they could be in communication together with the similar teal colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet,
    Your little piece of art is gorgeous.
    How lucky are you are you to receive Carmelina's collage!
    Back soon,
    hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love these colours Janet, they work beautifully together, inspiring!
    You two were certainly on the same wavelength seeing the two pieces together.
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I love your Days Gone By piece, Janet! The colour contrasts suit perfectly ~ :)

    Lucky YOU receiving that gorgeous collage from Carmelina!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your work, it would make a great journal cover. I am envious that you received a collage that Carmelina did. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet!
    Sorry I missed your fun event...been so busy here.
    You know I found a GREAT new scrapbooking software kit...easier than Photoshop, not nearly as overwhelming and full of cool stuff. If you want to know more about it, email me...I'll send you the info. Guess if you have Photoshop it would be a waste to get it though...but I like it a lot.
    Love your collage!!! Never too old to learn....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! And that looks like a terrific book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!